Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Manchester United 17/10/16 k/o 20.00 SS1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

4 months and 16 games in actually.

Fair enough. Thanks for correcting that I didn't look back and wasn't keeping much tabs on Chelsea but genuinely appreciate the dig out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Fair enough. Thanks for correcting that I didn't look back and wasn't keeping much tabs on Chelsea but genuinely appreciate the dig out.

So you just made sh1t up?

Hmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I think you'll find jose was dismissed 2 months and 9 games into the season.

Klopp was in the relegation places around Xmas. He was found out and changed his pressing tactic mid way through the season to combat the likely hood of relegation. 7th in the German league is probably championship standard football.

your last comment shows the standard of conversation I'm engaging in but what the hell.

Because you have a bad period after building a club to the top of the game you are found out? what BS

Key players were out injured, another key player lost to their rivals and the transfers in failed to settle.
    Teams parked the bus and got joy because he didn't have the players to break them down. Gotze sold and reus, lewandowski out injured.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    So you just made sh1t up?

Hmmmm

Read the rest of my post. It's accurate. I didn't make **** up I was 6 games out. But hey no worries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If this thread even makes it to match time I'll be surprised.

A draw as Liverpool struggle to get past the two banks of parked buses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Bundesliga is a higher standard than the PL though lol. Don't believe everything Sky likes to hype up.

rob316 wrote: »
    your last comment shows the standard of conversation I'm engaging in but what the hell.

Because you have a bad period after building a club to the top of the game you are found out? what BS

Key players were out injured, another key player lost to their rivals and the transfers in failed to settle.
    Teams parked the bus and got joy because he didn't have the players to break them down. Gotze sold and reus, lewandowski out injured.

Okay, so thanks for clarifying That up. I'll just use this to counter the 1000 plus comments of jose being a busted flush.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

I think you'll find jose was dismissed 2 months and 9 games into the season.

Klopp was in the relegation places around Xmas. He was found out and changed his pressing tactic mid way through the season to combat the likely hood of relegation. 7th in the German league is probably championship standard football.

This is blatantly not true, Jose got the boot about a week before Xmas?

Read the rest of my post. It's accurate. I didn't make **** up I was 6 games out. But hey no worries.

7 games out even :rolleyes: and nothing you have wrote is accurate. You have shown yourself to be a spoofer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

domrush wrote: »
    This is blatantly not true, Jose got the boot about a week before Xmas?
    SSSSHHHHHHH!

Facts don't fit the narrative so ignore the facts;)

redzerdrog wrote: »
    7 games out even :rolleyes: and nothing you have wrote is accurate. You have shown yourself to be a spoofer

Apart from Klopp almost being relegated with a superior squad than those around him. Bottom of the table in FEB.

And the German league being pretty bad. No worries

• ricero wrote: »
    Jasus not even midday and this thread has gone to the ****s
    If this thread even makes it to match time I'll be surprised.

To be fair, this type of post only adds fuel.

Onto the match itself, I expect Jose to setup the team to counter-act Liverpools predictable yet currently effective pressing game.
    I expect Utd to pack Midfield in this case.
    Learned the hard lesson early on against City in the first half. Once he adjusted in the second half we were much more effective.

Liverpools weak defense needs to be targeted on the counter and cross delivery needs to be pinpoint.

As long as we keep a cool head in the first 30 mins or so I can see us getting a result.

Oh, let the battle commence ;)

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning & probably hit their head too.

Apart from Klopp almost being relegated with a superior squad than those around him. Bottom of the table in FEB.

Nope still not accurate! :o

Sure Klopp won the world cup with Dortmund that year while Jose got Chelsea relegated to league 2*

*I didn't look back though as wasn't keeping much tabs on them but its still accurate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Liverpool fans on here.

Sore losers but without a doubt the worst type of winner you could come across.

Without a doubt the worst fan of any sporting discipline in the history of mankind.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RasTa wrote: »
    Liverpool fans on here.

Without a doubt the worst fan of any sporting discipline in the history of mankind.

U ok hun ?

Saw Henry talking about Pogba on Sky. He is right at Juventus Pogba's best postion was playing on the inside left position in midfield in a 3-5-2 or a 4-4-2 diamond. He was very poor at the start of last season at Juventus too until Marchisio came back from injury & Pogba moved back to his best position as a LCM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Liverpool fans on here.

That's nice ,what happened to attack the post not the poster,i would like to say that united fans on here are salt of the earth ,especially you ,you could be the best fan of any sport in the world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Liverpool fans on here.

Could it be true? Maybe we should look to our Manchester brethren to see the top model of supporters!

Anyway, forgetting all that, hope it's a good game tonight, we are rightly confident going into this game, with good reason. United have thrown money at that squad and it's still not looking great. And Jose is not known for creating team harmony. He has a hgv licence though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,631 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

3- home win . Expect both teams to be fired up and loads of antics from Jose and klopps glasses to go flying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Man Utd 5 v 0 Liverpool. you heard it here first...put a tenner on it!!

• emo72 wrote: »
    Could it be true? Maybe we should look to our Manchester brethren to see the top model of supporters!

Anyway, forgetting all that, hope it's a good game tonight, we are rightly confident going into this game, with good reason. United have thrown money at that squad and it's still not looking great. And Jose is not known for creating team harmony. He has a hgv licence though.

A couple of months into a season with a new manager and team?
    Klopp is over a year in charge and only starting to get it right now.
    Did he get slated a couple of months into his reign at Liverpool? No because that would be ridiculous.
    Ah the obligatory 'park the bus' narrative. Love the taste of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Liverpool fans on here.

Pretty accurate unfortunately.
    Their attitude is odd, they nearly won the league a few years ago but their fans derived more pleasure from United finishing seventh than their own side coming close to their first title in a quarter of a century.
    Through all the glorious Fergie era years I never saw United lifting a trophy and thought "that'll show those Liverpool fans".

Glazers Out!

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    A couple of months into a season with a new manager and team?
    Klopp is over a year in charge and only starting to get it right now.
    Did he get slated and a thread started about him a couple of months into his reign at Liverpool? No because that would be ridiculous.
    Ah the obligatory 'park the bus' narrative. Love the taste of that.
    Mourinho has already spent more money on one player that Klopp has in his 1st year in charge.
    It's why fans are likely to be less patient with Mourinho as well as the fact he only stays at a club for 3 years max.

• MD1990 wrote: »
    Mourinho has already spent more money on one player that Klopp has in his 1st year in charge.
    It's why fans are likely to be less patient with Mourinho as well as the fact he only stays at a club for 3 years max.

And? What has Utd having way better spending & pulling power than Liverpool in the transfer market got to do with building a team in any reasonable amount of time?
    Nice ninja edit

A couple of months in and we are likely to be impatient? I have not talked to one Utd fan who is becoming impatient this soon.
    What I do see is rival fans jumping on that narrative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

nullzero wrote: »
    Their attitude is odd, they nearly won the league a few years ago but their fans derived more pleasure from United finishing seventh than their own side coming close to their first title in a quarter of a century.
    Through all the glorious Fergie era years I never saw United lifting a trophy and thought "that'll show those Liverpool fans".

Aye, never knocked them off their perch.

But I digress, we're the absolute worst.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

If its free flowing attacking football from both sides I expect Pool to win comfortably.

Jose is too smart for that ,not only knowing the likely hood of being beat but the impact to Man U fans if they are on the end of a stomping.
    As such I expect a tight very physical game ,defensive priority before attack from Man U and the result could go either way.
    Pool will have to score twice to win. Expect a bit of a card fest and will be backing at least one red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He was bottom of the league in FEBRUARY. That's pretty damm close to relegation in my eyes.

If United were bottom of the table with 2 months to go I'm pretty sure every media outlet along with opposition fans would be claiming they were nearly relegated. Honestly the mind boggles.

Yes he had players missing even with those injuries his squad was vastly superior to that of many teams ahead of him.

And it's not much better. With the exception of 2 to 4 teams in Munich, Dortmund, Wolfsburg it's a bad league, imo.

And even those teams are pretty horrid. Cologne and RB Leipzig currently make up 2 of the top 3 in the German league.

It's a poor league by most other standards.

It's the typical Liverpool nonsense. 8 games in and you've already won the league in your heads. But look when you've been looking for the title for so long it's easy to get carried away.

Where did you get that from? I never even mentioned Liverpool in my post.

Yeah I don't mind a sore loser but a bad winner is the worst type of trait in a human.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,453 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

K-9 wrote: »
    we're the absolute worst.

Yes you are.

Glazers Out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

cjmc wrote: »
    3- home win . Expect both teams to be fired up and loads of antics from Jose and klopps glasses to go flying

Liverpool have looked better in pretty much all departments. They look more confident, more comfortable with the system, happier in general, have had a better season, don't seem that be under the same pressure as United players and are rightly favourites.

I feel this game could go a few ways. Liverpool get early goal and steamroll united. United kill the game , turn it nasty and either win 1-0 or draw 0-0. No better manager to ruin a game and ruin a free flowing team like Jose.

How often do these games live up to their billing? As a United fan I am dreading it. I don't know what stage United are actually at or if the players have the confidence to deal with Anfield battle when they have looked so underwhelming thus far.

I wouldn't judge Jose whatever the outcome because klopp has had an extra season with his squad and you would expect more fluency from a team in that situation. Buying Quality players doesn't equate to instant harmony or fluency of play. That said , I personally worry that the person with self doubt and confidence issues is Jose after the Chelsea debacle. He hasn't looked right for me and needs a boost as much, if not more, as the players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Yeah I don't mind a sore loser but a bad winner is the worst type of trait in a human.

The first part of recovery is acceptance and honesty.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Of course no Liverpool fan enjoyed the run that the team went on from January that year, Suarez and Sturridge on fire, banging in goals for fun. They were more concerned with watching Moyes and co implode.

Also, not one Utd fan commented or sniggered when Liverpool lost against Chelsea, or drew against Palace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Jaysus the game is still over 8 hours away and already some people are letting themselves down. Won't name names but it's not hard to see who. It's only a game lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Have you any friends or family Liverpool fans ,relax man,i presume you are starting early or still going since last night, either way get a sleep or you might miss the match

emo72 wrote: »

One could argue to look at rugby fans on how to behave.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

War paint on very early for some.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Can both lose, from a purely selfish POV?

Nailing the colours to the mast, I reckon Pool will win it.

Klopp is further down the line with how he wants his team to play and setup than Jose is with Utd who still look a small bit devoid of any genuine gameplan right now as Jose is still feeling this team out where as Klopp has got his starting XI and system pretty much nailed down now.

Thats not to say Utd, even if they do lose tonight, wont be in around the leading pack come the business end of the season, right now, I think Pool just have a slight edge going into tonights game.

2-1 Pool

And? What has Utd having way better spending & pulling power than Liverpool in the transfer market got to do with building a team in any reasonable amount of time?
    Nice ninja edit

A couple of months in and we are likely to be impatient? I have not talked to one Utd fan who is becoming impatient this soon.
    What I do see is rival fans jumping on that narrative.
    I just said in previous post that spending huge amounts of money on players can mean you are less likely to receive patience from fans but more so from the media.
    For instance Scholes already seems unimpressed with Mourinho & the players at Man Utd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

zerks wrote: »

Mourinho's summer arrival means Liverpool are almost a year ahead in their development and it is starting to show.

zerks, or anyone, what does this sentence mean? I've read it a few times now and can't work out what's being said here?

8-10 wrote: »
    zerks, or anyone, what does this sentence mean? I've read it a few times now and can't work out what's being said here?

Klopp has had a longer time to mold his team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

GavRedKing wrote: »

Klopp is further down the line with how he wants his team to play and setup than Jose is with Utd who still look a small bit devoid of any genuine gameplan right now as Jose is still feeling this team out where as Klopp has got his starting XI and system pretty much nailed down now.

Thats not to say Utd, even if they do lose tonight, wont be in around the leading pack come the business end of the season, right now, I think Pool just have a slight edge going into tonights game.

2-1 Pool

A very sensible post.

My thoughts exactly, it's too early in the day for this squad to execute his game plan for this type of game perfectly.

My guess is he will pack the midfield and expose us on set pieces. I see liverpool winning 2-1 maybe 3-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

8-10 wrote: »

Klopp has had a longer time to mold his team

Ah sorry yes, Liverpool a year ahead *of United* in their development. Should have got that but reading it at 6am here I didn't make the connection - duh!

Thanks!

You must have missed the last few games.

All jose has to do is look at how teams setup against klopps one dimensional tactic of the press when he was nearly relegated with a father better team than his current pool.

Invite them on very deep back to your keeper and go long. Klopp was exposed badly after he was figured out. It will be the same soon in the epl
    He was bottom of the league in FEBRUARY. That's pretty damm close to relegation in my eyes.

If United were bottom of the table with 2 months to go I'm pretty sure every media outlet along with opposition fans would be claiming they were nearly relegated. Honestly the mind boggles.

Yes he had players missing even with those injuries his squad was vastly superior to that of many teams ahead of him.

And it's not much better. With the exception of 2 to 4 teams in Munich, Dortmund, Wolfsburg it's a bad league, imo.

And even those teams are pretty horrid. Cologne and RB Leipzig currently make up 2 of the top 3 in the German league.

It's a poor league by most other standards.

It's the typical Liverpool nonsense. 8 games in and you've already won the league in your heads. But look when you've been looking for the title for so long it's easy to get carried away.

ricero wrote: »
    Jasus not even midday and this thread has gone to the ****s
    To be fair, this type of post only adds fuel.

Onto the match itself, I expect Jose to setup the team to counter-act Liverpools predictable yet currently effective pressing game.
    I expect Utd to pack Midfield in this case.
    Learned the hard lesson early on against City in the first half. Once he adjusted in the second half we were much more effective.

Liverpools weak defense needs to be targeted on the counter and cross delivery needs to be pinpoint.

As long as we keep a cool head in the first 30 mins or so I can see us getting a result.

Oh, let the battle commence ;)

Lol at this. We have Req Utek blatantly lying about about Klopp's season at Dortmund.

But yet according to Mick Ricero post is only adding fuel :rolleyes:

I just said in previous post that spending huge amounts of money on players can mean you are less likely to receive patience from fans but more so from the media.
    For instance Scholes already seems unimpressed with Mourinho & the players at Man Utd.

Good for Scholes, he's entitled to his opinion. but he's in the hyperbolic media that is BT Sport.
    His level of Punditry has been questioned before however.

The main point; I admit as I have done before Jose wasn't my first choice but like most other Utd fans I have discussed this with they are willing to give him the appropriate amount of time like Klopp has gotten.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Can someone just lock and burn this thread?

Lol at this. We have Req Utek blatantly lying about about Klopp's season at Dortmund.

What has sReq | uTeK post got to do with what I said?
    I haven't agreed or disagreed with any of it. He's entitled to his opinion.
    I was just pointing out that posts like "Threads gone to ****" etc etc don't help.

• Can someone just lock and burn this thread?

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

MD1990 wrote: »

Think harder and you might figure out what the fire is that the fuel is addin to...

• GavRedKing wrote: »

2-1 Pool

This is a fair reflection of both teams currently.
    I still believe if we approach this right however we will nick the win.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement