Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool v Manchester United 17/10/16 k/o 20.00 SS1.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Utd to score from a set piece tonight with all that height would be one of the least surprising things possible to happen tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I haven't been impressed with what I've seen of Karius so far. I think United can have some joy at set-pieces. I hope to see Mata feature at some stage. I reckon it will wind up a draw.

You mean his massive 2 league games. Yes he looks a real weak link all right.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    Utd to score from a set piece tonight with all that height would be one of the least surprising things possible to happen tonight.

Makes sense
    Ashely young to provide the delivery
    Liverpools weakness in defence targeted

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    The system looks to have been tweaked somewhat without him in the side this season. Strange bringing him back in now.
    Just because he played CM for most of last season doesn't mean it worked.

Can is replacing Wijnaldum not Lalanna

• hadoken13 wrote: »
    Can is replacing Wijnaldum not Lalanna

What's your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭hadoken13

What's your point?

Meant to reply to the poster before yours

Edit: or the post after
    Jayop wrote: »
    Especially with Llanananananana fit.

Makes sense
    Ashely young to provide the delivery
    Liverpools weakness in defence targeted

They'd be stupid not to try and target the weak areas. Hopefully Liverpool can keep the first clean sheet of the season, be a nice time for it. Unlikely though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

What's your point?

He's mugged you right off there Mick. Don't stand for that crap!!

200.gif#6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Can is perfectly adept at the press that Liverpool are looking for. The only player who looked hungry and mobile in a game, may have been last season but I'm thinking the Gerrard sending off, when United played them off the park. Don't think Wijnaldum is a loss there at all. Delighted Lallana isn't playing.

• 5starpool wrote: »
    They'd be stupid not to try and target the weak areas. Hopefully Liverpool can keep the first clean sheet of the season, be a nice time for it. Unlikely though.

All depends on if we can keep it tight early on. Another reason young is starting. Defensively solid

• Advertisement

Can is an odd choice

What is odd about this choice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

Ah crap, he was mugging me off actually and I didn't even know it.

:(

Can is perfectly adept at the press that Liverpool are looking for. The only player who looked hungry and mobile in a game, may have been last season but I'm thinking the Gerrard sending off, when United played them off the park. Don't think Wijnaldum is a loss there at all. Delighted Lallana isn't playing.

The worry with Can is that he has played very little so far this season.

• murpho999 wrote: »
    What is odd about this choice?

Read back a few posts. I've already expressed my opinion why.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I genuinely hate watching these games. Come on the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,977 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very hard game to predict given the Liverpool injuries and the United lineup.

I'd expect Pogba to have a big game but Fellaini would be my big worry for United. He lacks the discipline for this type of game imo.

Sturridge has a lot to prove and so has Can, if they can do a good job replacing Wijnaldum and Lallana then they can win it but I've a feeling this one will be a very tight affair early on.

Fellaini's discipline is the key for United. If he can do a good job without getting carded in the first half then I'd expect them to be ahead at the interval.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,466 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

5starpool wrote: »
    The worry with Can is that he has played very little so far this season.

Yeah, we saw with Mkhitaryan qnd Lingard against City what that can look like if it goes wrong. I'm actually not very happy with Jose's lineup here at all the more I think about it.

Read back a few posts. I've already expressed my opinion why.

Just saw it.
    I think Can is adaptable, as most pros should be and he'll know his role tonight. He's a very capable player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Here we go, here we go, here we go!

I'm pumped!

eagle eye wrote: »
    Very hard game to predict given the Liverpool injuries and the United lineup.

I'd expect Pogba to have a big game but Fellaini would be my big worry for United. He lacks the discipline for this type of game imo.

Sturridge has a lot to prove and so has Can, if they can do a good job replacing Wijnaldum and Lallana then they can win it but I've a feeling this one will be a very tight affair early on.

Fellaini's discipline is the key for United. If he can do a good job without getting carded in the first half then I'd expect them to be ahead at the interval.

If Fellaini does something stupid tonight he can **** off tbh. Hate that kind of cowardly pashun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,093 ✭✭✭gitzy16v

Looking forward to this as a neutral..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Longest half an hour of my life...

Think this is where I'll bid adieu to this thread. It's been relatively peaceful with some good discussion but I suspect that will end soon. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hope the referee is alert to Fellaini's elbows tonight. United will be bombing in long balls for him all evening.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Hoping for an absolutely dirty match but reckon we get a 1-0 United win with about 4 yellows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

WILD BOYS!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

murpho999 wrote: »
    You mean his massive 2 league games. Yes he looks a real weak link all right.

Taibi played a massive 4 league games for Man United. Did you need the full four to conclude he was weak?

P.S. not suggesting he is as bad as Taibi, rather pointing out the nonsense that you can't look a weak link in 2 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Think this is where I'll bid adieu to this thread. It's been relatively peaceful with some good discussion but I suspect that will end soon. :p

What is the meaning of this? :mad:

just kidding :D

Jose ''we will defend with 11''

• Advertisement

Jose ''we will defend with 11''

They wont hold out if thats the case.

We might embarass them if they dont fight and aim to sit back and defend!

This is Liverpool VS Man Utd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just popped in to say I'll be back as soon as/if we score. Sick with nerves, feels like the biggest game against this lot in many years.

Taibi played a massive 4 league games for Man United. Did you need the full four to conclude he was weak?

P.S. not suggesting he is as bad as Taibi, rather pointing out the nonsense that you can't look a weak link in 2 games.

Poor comparison. Taibi was brought in as a panic buy when Mark Bosnich and Raimond van der Gouw, then made his debut against Livepool, flapped at a cross and Hyppia scored.

Karius is a completely different type of signing and has had no major incident so far.

Do you remember De Gea's start for Utd when many Utd fans were caling for him to be dropped?

Wow....the Anfield Cat is back.

I hope it was Utd's goal he was walking across?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

As long as the Anfield beach-ball doesn't turn up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

As long as the Anfield beach-ball doesn't turn up.

Was that not at the Stadium of Light? Ironically, the home of the Black Cats. :pac:

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I hope it was Utd's goal he was walking across?

Well for one of the halves it will be.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

"I knew he was good at it, but I can't believe how good Ibrahimovic is in the air"

Good jaysus, how are some people allowed be pundits... :confused:

Ibra has been one of the 3-5 highest profile players in the world for a good 5-6 years, ffs!? HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW THAT!?!?

According to the ever reliable twitter, Bially has had lengthy treatment on his left thigh during the warm up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Some rickrollig going on in the background just there. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Poor comparison. Taibi was brought in as a panic buy when Mark Bosnich and Raimond van der Gouw, then made his debut against Livepool, flapped at a cross and Hyppia scored.

Karius is a completely different type of signing and has had no major incident so far.

Do you remember De Gea's start for Utd when many Utd fans were caling for him to be dropped?

Karius may well come good in time. But he hasn't impressed so far. Even Carragher just noted that.

Are you saying you have no concerns whatsoever about him tonight?

Red Monday whoever at Sky came up with that deserves a smack.

Hopefully tonight we will shoot, it will hit the cat ,and ball will end up in back of net.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

'Manchester United have won all of the last 4 meetings with Liverpool'...

Except for the last two meetings. Just because they weren't on Sky doesnt mean they didn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Going to need a lot of beers to get through this me thinks.

Hopefully we can scrape a draw. Getting through the first 20 mins is crucial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

I'm picturing a mod (or 3!) with their fingers poised over the "ban" button. It can get a bit heated on here when these two are playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Toobz

Cant wait for this, hopefully Taylor has a good game.

Enjoy all! :)

Time to settle in.
    All will be quite until the storm

• Advertisement

Ugh Martin "utd fan" Tyler :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement