Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone 7 plus-worth it?

Options
  • 14-10-2016 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭

Is it worth it? I'm coming from a 6s plus. Looking for feedback from previous 6 plus and 6s plus owners

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I'be just switched from the 6s+ to the 7+.

Loving it so far, noticeably snappier, love the new home button, and the camera is amazing(running beta 3)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭BBMcQ

Unless you are pretty loaded, I would think going from the 6s to the 7 is a bit of a luxury. I went from the 6 to the 7 (I'm talking about pluses) and it's a noticeable improvement in speed etc but iOS10 made the 6 pretty speedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

eeloe wrote: »

Loving it so far, noticeably snappier, love the new home button, and the camera is amazing(running beta 3)

Hard to imagine it's possible for it to be "snappier". I'd say I've never experienced a millisecond of lag on the 6s plus!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

eeloe wrote: »

No offence but I really wonder if you're saying this to justify it in your own mind.

The 6s was no slouch and I just don't think the camera is worth the extra few hundred of an upgrade.

I have the 6 myself and looks I'll be skipping the 7 as I don't see real benefits, so don't understand why one would go from 6s to 7 for just a few features,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I've a 6 Plus for two years now and was itching to upgrade to the 7 Plus. I finally got to try one out in Heathrow recently and camera aside, there wasn't much in it for me, certainly not enough to justify the cost of upgrading. I'll wait and see what next year brings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Mr.S wrote: »
    The resale value of the 6S Plus is pretty high, wouldn't cost that much to jump to the 7Plus.
    400(ish) if you opt for a 128GB direct from apple. Still a fair lump of cash for a non-stellar shift.

That said, I've ordered the 128GB myself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

murpho999 wrote: »
    I have the 6 myself and looks I'll be skipping the 7 as I don't see real benefits, so don't understand why one would go from 6s to 7 for just a few features,
    I had a 6 and went to 7. It's worth every penny.

I had a 6 and went to 7. It's worth every penny.

Ok, what are you finding to be the big differences apart from speed and camera?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I prefer the home button, the screen is superb (in night mode is even better), the sound is way better for watching videos etc, the fact I don't worry about dropping it in water anymore. I got mine as an upgrade so I guess it was an easier choice for me... I love it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,022 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Ok, what are you finding to be the big differences apart from speed and camera?
    ....apart from arguably 2 of the most important characteristics on a smartphone?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

I've a 6S+ and I really don't think I'll be upgrading until they come out with something with a far more substantial difference than this.

It's a nice phone, but it's just not enough of a jump forward to justify that kind of money. I plan to use this one until it stops working.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Ive a 6+ and couldn't justify getting a 7+. Tried one out and there wasn't enough of a jump. 6+ still a great phone, and will hold me off until the 8 next year. I think the fact that they didn't change the design put a lot of people off.

dodzy wrote: »
    ....apart from arguably 2 of the most important characteristics on a smartphone?

I have the 6 and find it very fast so I am happy enough with that. I can manage without the 3 milliseconds extra that apps now open.

Camera is nice to have but the 6 does not have a bad camera. Either way I view any phone camera as good for snapshots only. Only real photography I want to do i use a proper DSLR for.

What I look for in new model, is a new design so that it looks and feels like an upgrade, which the 7 doesn't.

Also, new features, not just slight improvements on already good features.

It's looking like next year's model is going to be the big upgrade so I think I'll hold off on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Things like wireless charging, new all glass design, better battery , no home button all rumoured for next year so that's the one to hold out for. This year feels very much like an 's' year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭GreenFolder2

It does seem a bit more like the iPhone 6SS Plus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I only got a 7 because I was due an upgrade and needed a new phone. If I had a 6s i would definitely hold on until next year. The 7 plus is still a great phone mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxXbrnJ6l4A

'feels a lot faster, clearer, smoother' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I went from a 6s+ to a 7+ and to be honest there's very little difference apart from the camera and the home button feels a bit difference. There's no speed difference because the 6s is a beast of a phone. I only upgraded because I had no space left on my 6s.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

No offence but I really wonder if you're saying this to justify it in your own mind.

The 6s was no slouch and I just don't think the camera is worth the extra few hundred of an upgrade.

Nah don't need to justify it, I upgrade every year, have done since the original iPhone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I have the 6 myself and looks I'll be skipping the 7 as I don't see real benefits, so don't understand why one would go from 6s to 7 for just a few features

I took the jump from the 6 to the 7 (neither were a +). My main reason was for battery life which wasn't terrible on the 6, but it was starting to show.

The 7 is noticeably faster (might not be as evident if moving from the 6s), which I found surprising as the 6 wasn't slow at all. While all of the benchmark tests show that the 7 is faster, I didn't expect it to stand out so much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 timwhite

My wife has a new iPhone plus every year. Seems to keep her happy. I am told that every phone has to be an apple. The only downside is the upgrade to her handbags to carry the plus phones. I use a Blackberry - love 'em. Spot the old man!

Advertisement