Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GW8 Match Day Thread.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

90 mins of dreadful football to top off a dreadful week.
    Thought my 27 last week was bad but hit 26 this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

manual_man wrote: »
    Pfff that's very late for the bonus to be changing

They can change up to 1 hour after the final whistle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

They can change up to 1 hour after the final whistle.

And they did lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Clyne: 3
    Bailly: 2
    Lovren, Matip, De Gea, Valencia: 1

--

Horrible game (was kinda expected with Mourinho after United 3 consecutive defeats) that turned out pretty good for me and could have been fantastic if Firmino had a bit more gas in the tank for his Valencia-denied 1 on 1 with DDG (and if he scored it of course :p).

12 from 3 tonight though so more than happy with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

That bonus point system ****ing joke!

How Karius gets same as Herrera I don't know!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

37 assuming bonus is final.

Down to 160k from 100k at the start of the week. Still only one green arrow all season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,258 ✭✭✭✭km79

hit was
    Valencia baines out for bellerin and Adam smith
    amat would have played if I had not done transfers as kone out too
    so down 2 points but team in better shape
    of course the other hit I had planned was ibra and Antonio or bolasie out for Costa/Wilson and Walcott so :D

That bonus point system ****ing joke!

How Karius gets same as Herrera I don't know!!
    I said it many times over the last couple of years but I don't agree. We have to bear in mind the bonus points system is not the real game bonus points system but the fantasy game bonus points system. When the bonus points system was decided by a panel of "pundits", it was much worse. There was no consistency at all and controversy every single GW (dare I say every game :p). Sometimes, you could really suspect subjectivity in some choices, some players seemed guaranteed some bonuses whatever their performance (Charlie "hero" Adams :p).

So, as much as it can hurt us football lovers (and if you'd ask me, Merlin Silva would be the new Charlie Adams with an automatic 3 BPs for each one of his games :D), we must remember that the rules are different there and Karius and his CS is more valuable than Herrera who did not much FPL-wise.

So 5 defs and a goalie for the 6 BPs distributed tonight with another def & goalie + Herrera just shy of them is to be expected IMO. Nothing nonsensical to me.

iroced wrote: »
    I said it many times over the last couple of years but I don't agree. We have to bear in mind the bonus points system is not the real game bonus points system but teh fantasy game bonus points system. When the bonus points system was decided by a panel of "pundits", it was much worse. There was no consistency at all and controversy every single GW (dare I say every game :p). Sometimes, you could really suspect subjectivity in some choices, some players seemed guaranteed some bonuses whatever their performance (Charlie "hero" Adams :p).

So, as much as it can hurt us football lovers (and if you'd ask me, Merlin Silva would be the new Charlie Adams with an automatic 3 BPs for each one of his games :D), we must remember that the rules are different there and Karius and his CS is more valuable than Herrera who did not much FPL-wise.

So 5 defs and a goalie for the 6 BPs distributed tonight with another def & goalie + Herrera just shy of them is to be expected IMO. Nothing nonsensical to me.

I usually agree, but Bailly with a yellow outdoing 7 other defs who also got cs and DDG with 3 saves is a bit off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,444 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

20 (-4)

Heaton and Lovren on the bench

Cheers

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »
    I usually agree, but Bailly with a yellow outdoing 7 other defs who also got cs and DDG with 3 saves is a bit off.
    Yeah I was expecting him to go down after the update but I remember him doing a couple of key clearances that probably counter-balanced his YC. It's the problem of the stats-oriented system. A key clearance on the edge of the penalty area is the "same" than one that prevents a goal. It's statistically consistent. Then for us, people, DDG opposite hand save is miles ahead any clearance.

For once that I could see the game (again free on French Channel 23, they seem to like 'Pool, last free game was Chelsea-'Pool), I have to say I couldn't find any outstanding player bar maybe DDG for his 2 wonder saves. United were good defensively but Mourinho parked the bus. I found Valencia very good. Very sharp, great late tackle on Firmino (unfortunately for me). Coutinho finished very well and lallana made a great sub-appearance. Bar that/them...

Should still see a small rise of about 10/15k and my defense is in better shape
    Prob take another hit next week

iroced wrote: »
    Yeah I was expecting him to go down after the update but I remember him doing a couple of key clearances that probably counter-balanced his YC. It's the problem of the stats-oriented system. A key clearance on the edge of the penalty area is the "same" than one that prevents a goal. It's statistically consistent. Then for us, people, DDG opposite hand save is miles ahead any clearance.

For once that I could see the game (again free on French Channel 23, they seem to like 'Pool, last free game was Chelsea-'Pool), I have to say I couldn't find any outstanding player bar maybe DDG for his 2 wonder saves. United were good defensively but Mourinho parked the bus. I found Valencia very good. Very sharp, great late tackle on Firmino (unfortunately for me). Coutinho finished very well and lallana made a great sub-appearance. Bar that/them...

Yeah just seen Valencia wonderful goal saving tackle which makes it even worse!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

67(-8) great week for me as I got a good score and sorted my team out once and for all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Despite the aguero(c) horror show, a respectable 55 sees me get a decent rise up to around 120k. Holebas and Lovren really saved me this week though after a horror show on Saturday, but both wild carded in the week before so can't complain. Onwards we go!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

28(-4). Just gonna pretend the last two weeks never happened tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

A respectable 40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

54 points. Another solid week. Overall rank of 41k.

65 pts. 87k GW rank. Up 170k to 91k. Back in top 100k for the first time after my GW4 apocalypse. Wasn't expecting it after not going with Walcott (C). But Holebas-Lovren unexpected combined 22 pts made up for it.

After 3 GWs, my GW6 WC is a success (3 green arrows from 445k to 91k). I'm not fully happy with my team though. But this season is quite unpredictable so everything can change so quickly...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭wrestlemaniac

45 for the week and at 218k at the moment. Had dropped to 500k after the games Saturday!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,211 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

41 (-4)

Fell 93k places to 371k. I'm still rueing my captaincy switch from Costa to Sanchez but at least I didn't give it to Aguero. A couple of key decisions to make with regard to transfers now ahead of GW9. I think I'm definitely going to take another -4 and possibly -8.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

48(-4) I'll take it and run after that horror show Saturday.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,483 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

31(-4).
    GW rank - 2.9 million.
    OR - 1.5 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

31(-4) as well. Sitting OR at 1.7m :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

31(-4) as well. Sitting OR at 1.7m :(

28(-8)

Sitting OR at 2.5m :(

Brought Benteke in for -4.

I was laughing when City missed theirs until Benteke's penalty :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,605 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Finished the week on 34K OR. Highest of the season so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

32 (-8). Last night's game turned an absolutely disastrous week into merely a very bad week. Dropped from 293k to 629k overall.

Think I've sorted out the major problems in my team now though, so hopefully will start to climb back up over the next few weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,007 ✭✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Avg is 39 and I finished on 38.

First time below avg this season.

Aguero(c) and Benteke with -3 between is a freak of nature that I'm just going to take on the chin and move on.

1ft , may roll it but if Son plays in the CL tonight I may bring in Alli for the weekend.

48(-4) actually ended up getting me a red arrow of 4k
    still when. your strikers score a combined total of minus 1 ...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Neoulous

40 pts. Horror run continues :(.

Was 58k for GW3. Played WC in GW4. 5 red arrows later (187k, 232k, 299k, 655k) I'm at 685k. Made all the wrong decisions. Ibra killed me. Snodgrass/Capoue was a huge mistake since it allowed a dearer defense that never worked so far.

Time for a change now. No pts hits limit. This is WC week without the WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭AdpRo

AdpRo wrote: »
    gw6 - gw rank of 10,763 and a jump in OR from 292k to 37k

No transfer

gw7 - gw rank of 3,336,828 and a fall in OR from 37k to 109k

The difference a week makes!! Glad I captained Sanchez, he was my 2nd highest scoring player after Lukaku!!

Above is my post from GW7 thread, just to update for GW8:

1 transfer, Vertonghen in (1 pt) , Valencia out (7 pts).

gw8 - gw rank of 3,312,110 and a fall in OR from 109k to 260k

This game sucks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

48 points. I'll take it and run. Aguero (c) aside, the only downside was my transfer. Sold Shaw and looked seriously at 3 potential replacements - Adam Smith, Erik Pieters and Jan Vertonghen...you know the rest!

Wildcarded for GW 6

Gameweek|Gameweek Points|Points on Bench|Gameweek Rank|Transfers Made|Transfers Cost|Overall Points|Overall Rank|Value|#
    GW6|68|8|214,717|0|0|334|139,767|£101.4|up
    GW7|25|6|3,754,740|1|0|359|389,685|£101.3|down
    GW8|20|13|3,868,731|2|4|375|973,569|£101.6|down

So my wildcard was good for one week :) - Look at those gameweek ranks!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

48 points.

Rose 20k to 125k

It's basically where you'd expect to be by playing conservatively.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

Another poor gw, 31pts and a drop of 75k to 180k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rikand wrote: »
    Wildcarded for GW 6

Gameweek|Gameweek Points|Points on Bench|Gameweek Rank|Transfers Made|Transfers Cost|Overall Points|Overall Rank|Value|#
    GW6|68|8|214,717|0|0|334|139,767|£101.4|up
    GW7|25|6|3,754,740|1|0|359|389,685|£101.3|down
    GW8|20|13|3,868,731|2|4|375|973,569|£101.6|down

So my wildcard was good for one week :) - Look at those gameweek ranks!
    Nice use of tables

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

31 pts and down to 446k. I hate these weeks following a terrible week in FPL and I will probably switch off from this forum as I usually do after a terrible week.

I don't think I've had a single week this season that could be labelled any better than a good week and far too many bad/terrible weeks. Reversed my gw 8 transfer of Lukaku to Benteke meaning I lose 0.2 and did McCauley to Holebas to afford it and go into next week praying for no injuries and unable to get Firmino or Walcott and am stuck with Antonio.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

30 points and 27 the week before, red arrows everywhere :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

45 points gives me a red arrow and a fall from 74k to 80k. My season seems to be following a similar pattern to last season already. Back then I lost a bit of ground each week before I took a large points hit to stop the rot around GW13 which effectively ended my season. Might limit my hits to -4s or -8s at most this time round.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

47(-4) is a drop of 13k to 222k

It's been a frustrating season so far, still waiting for my first 5 digit GW rank, they're the weeks that really boost your OR

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

31pts and my first red arrow since gw2
    Dropped 75k places to 126k.
    Have 2 FTs at least this week.

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Nice use of tables

My years posting on boards.ie have been spent wisely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭McBain11

69 points in the gameweek. Stekelenburg the star man.

Moved into top spot in most of my leagues. Up to 210th place Overall.

Time to sit back and enjoy til next weekend. Happy enough with that.

20160329-post-25740-ben-affleck-smoking-cigar-gif-xyn7.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

53 (-4) pretty happy with that now considering the Aguero (C). At 500k so obviously not where I want to be atm. Was at 65k at GW4 & then 800k for GW6 after two bad weeks. Just shows the fickleness of the rankings at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

38 points in all, another terrible week with my last min change of Captain to Aguero failing miserably like so many others. Plus was my -4 hit of Lukaku in for Ibra paid off. Down to 500K now

Advertisement