Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FIX THE TERRIBLE MESS YOU MADE WITH OUR CONTRACT!

Options
  • 15-10-2016 2:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 48

We signed up for the Mobile 100, TV Essential & broadband for €25 for first 12 months, €92 thereafter. Contract length 24 months total.

We moved one of our mobile numbers to the new eir SIM.

The contract was supposed to start on 17/03/2016. Instead eir activated our service (without us receiving any for a month) on February 15.
    Initially we were blamed for this error and only after threatening to cancel the package our first bill was brought down to €0.00.

A couple of months later, we received a bill triple the usual amount. This was due to an error by eir charging us extra for internet usage. Again we were blamed initially and later the additional fees were taken off the bill.

We received a company mobile from our employer and asked eir if the mobile number we moved to the eir SIM at the beginning of the contract could be moved over to the company phone. It was confirmed to us that this is possible without problem and we did so.

The next bill we received was a stunning €523.13. After hours on the phone with the awful, awful eir CS it turned out that eir had cancelled our package against our will when we moved the phone number over to the company phone, and now we were on some standard package.
    Of course we were blamed for this again and only through the luck that we did the move pf the phone number by chat were we able to prove that the mistake was eir's. 
    The €523.13 was taken off the account, we received a new SIM and were promised an happy ending. WRONG.

After we received the new SIM, we had to call them again to activate it. We had eir confirm our package and were told that we only have to pay €140 a month from now on. We insisted that we're on a certain contract that costs €25, and the agent had the audacity to tell us the following: "I know it's confusing, but because you received credit in the past, there is now no credit on the account available anymore for your current package to cost €25 for the remaining five months." I KNOW IT'S CONFUSING? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?
    Of course we were blamed again for this. 

eir, I'm sick of your ****. We spent hours and hours on the phone with your awful CS. 
    Get us back on the €25 package we originally signed up for. No nonsense with €140 per months, no new charges, no unwanted changes. We will not pay one cent more than what we signed up for. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

mmmull wrote: »
    We signed up for the Mobile 100, TV Essential & broadband for €25 for first 12 months, €92 thereafter. Contract length 24 months total.

We moved one of our mobile numbers to the new eir SIM.

The contract was supposed to start on 17/03/2016. Instead eir activated our service (without us receiving any for a month) on February 15.
    Initially we were blamed for this error and only after threatening to cancel the package our first bill was brought down to €0.00.

A couple of months later, we received a bill triple the usual amount. This was due to an error by eir charging us extra for internet usage. Again we were blamed initially and later the additional fees were taken off the bill.

We received a company mobile from our employer and asked eir if the mobile number we moved to the eir SIM at the beginning of the contract could be moved over to the company phone. It was confirmed to us that this is possible without problem and we did so.

The next bill we received was a stunning €523.13. After hours on the phone with the awful, awful eir CS it turned out that eir had cancelled our package against our will when we moved the phone number over to the company phone, and now we were on some standard package.
    Of course we were blamed for this again and only through the luck that we did the move pf the phone number by chat were we able to prove that the mistake was eir's. 
    The €523.13 was taken off the account, we received a new SIM and were promised an happy ending. WRONG.

After we received the new SIM, we had to call them again to activate it. We had eir confirm our package and were told that we only have to pay €140 a month from now on. We insisted that we're on a certain contract that costs €25, and the agent had the audacity to tell us the following: "I know it's confusing, but because you received credit in the past, there is now no credit on the account available anymore for your current package to cost €25 for the remaining five months." I KNOW IT'S CONFUSING? ARE YOU HAVING A LAUGH?
    Of course we were blamed again for this. 

eir, I'm sick of your ****. We spent hours and hours on the phone with your awful CS. 
    Get us back on the €25 package we originally signed up for. No nonsense with €140 per months, no new charges, no unwanted changes. We will not pay one cent more than what we signed up for. 

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]mmmull,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch, I'm so sorry to hear of your customer journey to date. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you PM me your account number & I will take a look into this?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

Advertisement