Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,705 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Flags draped around the shoulders.....tacky.....

• Registered Users Posts: 20,888 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It is a bit of a balls too , because that american team got a lead and were a rare team that could have given it a real go away from home.

Almost impossible now to win away

• Registered Users Posts: 10,888 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Is that Didier Deschamp

David Ginola. A strange choice to present the prizes

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Flags draped around the shoulders.....tacky.....

Is it a flag they all seem the same colour

• Advertisement

Should have been Van De Velde

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

No the national flags.

Hmm. Noren's is yellow and blue, and Rahm's is yellow and red. Seems like national colours to me

That's who I meant Van de Velt must not have been around

seligehgit wrote: »
    No the national flags.

Your Right

• Advertisement

Van De Velde is probably gone fishing today

Hmm. Noren's is yellow and blue, and Rahm's is yellow and red. Seems like national colours to me

Had not seem them only a couple and seemed the same must have been all the English and Rory McIlroy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Not really. A famous French sporting celebrity who speaks good English.

He was involved with the opening ceremony too.

No stranger than Sharon ni Bheolain presenting it in Ireland.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

Woods and Mickelson between them contributed the grand total of zero points to the USA team. I can safely say that neither of them will play in the Ryder Cup ever again. All of the European wild cards most certainly justified their selection and of course Garcia is now the all time highest points scorer for Europe in the Cup.

lol

That was bizarre

Was interesting that Woods doesn't do hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

Woods & Mickelson to appear as celebrities on the BBC quiz show “Pointless’

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Yeah right.

I think between this Ryder cup & the last we can see ‘the postman’ delivers sweet fcuk all lol
    Come back tomorrow and tell me what his record is in his last two Ryder cups.

Good shout there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,694 ✭✭✭✭blueser

These days you only get one chance to be ryder cup captain so he was "getting the sack" regardless of the result.
    Won't Bjorn get invited back for a second tournament?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

fullstop wrote: »
    Good shout there.

In his last two Ryder cups he’s won 3 points out of a possible 7. Might be 3.5

Played twice yesterday & lost twice. He played Dustin Johnson who was absolutely shocking. Molinari in one Ryder cup has more points than Poulter in his last two. He fell over the line today against the worst display I can remember from a world #1.

Mr. Ryder cup me hole.

• Advertisement

These days you only get one chance to be ryder cup captain so he was "getting the sack" regardless of the result.

I would hazard a guess that Steve Stricker is most likely to be the next USA captain.He has been a vice captain for the last 3 or 4 Cups and is likely to get the big job for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,836 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Played twice yesterday & lost twice. He played Dustin Johnson who was absolutely shocking. Molinari in one Ryder cup has more points than Poulter in his last two. He fell over the line today against the worst display I can remember from a world #1.

Mr. Ryder cup me hole.

Ah don't be a bad loser.

I would hazard a guess that Steve Stricker is most likely to be the USA captain.He has been a vice captain for the last 3 or 4 Cups and is likely to get the big job for 2020.

Stricker versus Pawdrage?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Surprised they didn't mention this on Sky when finishing up

https://twitter.com/ewenmurray77/status/1046439363234725893

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Mr. Ryder cup me hole.
    Salty enough :)

Stricker versus Pawdrage?

Possibly, 2020 might be too soon for Harrington though. We will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,836 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Salty enough :)

His hero forgot to bring his cape.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Good shout there.

Boooooooooooooooooommmmmm

Mr. Ryder cup me hole.

Yes but if you know anything about sport - you know what a guy like that does in a team.

It is not just about the points. He would get lads like Rory and the kids up for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Yes but if you know anything about sport - you know what a guy like that does in a team.

It is not just about the points. He would get lads like Rory and the kids up for it.

He’s called ‘the postman’ because he always delivers. He’s delivered 3 wins out of last 7 matches. He was referred to as a ‘machine’ on here yesterday when he lost twice.

Listening to the British media & some on here is hilarious. They have very short memories.

He got a pick 4 years ago, when he was playing atrocious stuff coming into it. He was terrible (Rory carried him to a 1/2 point in one match)

But hey, the postman always delivers. He was class in it at one point.....that time is gone.

Advertisement