Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late for access

Options
  • 15-10-2016 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am just fuming. Have supervised access in my parents and my ex is always every week 30-60 minutes late for 90 minutes access. He doesn't text until after the time he's meant to have arrived to say hell be a few minutes late.. but it's 30-60 minutes.. today being 60 minutes.. my child doesn't notice, it bothers me more, because I get texts from him saying our child hates him and it's my fault. I so want to stop access but I won't because my child has the right to know their father, even if he doesn't make the effort. I am just fuming because every week we are just waiting waiting waiting. I feel I can't say anything because he won't take notice and I'm not gonna force him to spend more time with her if he can't be arsed to show up on time.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Hi OP, I don't see an actual question in your post so I assume you are just venting. But keep note of everytime they are late and you could bring him to court for it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Go back to court with list of dates and times he has missed

• Administrators Posts: 14,034 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Did you post this before? Someone posted something very similar. Every time he is late bring the court ordered access, along with your child to the local garda station to have it stamped to say he hasn't shown up yet. Keep the texts and keep a note of all dates and times and bring it back to court. You could even apply for a variation to the access to be 30 mins at the weekend, if you have proof that that's all he's showing up for. That way you can plan something else for the day. If they don't show up in the time frame you leave the house and go do something else. So you're only waiting around for 30 mins instead of wasting an hour and a half sitting around waiting. If they text outside of the time to say they're there, you reply "sorry, we had plans".

It is unlikely the judge will take access away from him, but he should get a stern talking to.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hi op here. Yes I did post here before. I have kept all texts and kept record of when and when he doesn't show. My parents are also witness to him not showing on time.

He never showed for access this week because he thinks our child doesn't know him.. that's why he didn't show. He doesn't see how by not turning up, he's actually feeding that theory.

I'm afraid of him if I'm honest. Where do I go from here?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Musketeer4

He never showed for access this week because he thinks our child doesn't know him.. that's why he didn't show. He doesn't see how by not turning up, he's actually feeding that theory.

All I can do with that "logic" is LOL! What a muppet!

TBH his behaviour is the height of disrespect.

I'd get on to the solicitor/social workers or whoever deals with these matters and throw the book at him.

What an absolute dead beat wastrel.

It actually sounds like he's trying to engineer the situation to cut down or dispense with access because he has no interest in his child.

What a sorry excuse for a father, I feel sorry for this little girl.
    And the whole notion that a parent is such a fúcking loser that they have to have assigned "access" to their child makes me upset. What is the world coming to at all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement