Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bkool smart training sim

Options
  • 15-10-2016 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭

HI signed up for a trial of the above for 1£.

I just get hit with a premium sub for 78£ for the year.
    That i didn't sign up for.

found out it goes to full sub after the 30days.
    Do I have any recourse?

thanks
    J

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

From what I recall, that subscription automatically appears when you sign up for the free trial but the payment is not taken straight away. Towards the end of the free trial you get options for payment, monthly or yearly. If you've used the program you will be charged for the previous month but you can then unsubscribe. (This may have changed but I'm fairly sure that's how it was for me)

I used it for a while during the winter and then cancelled no problem. Reactivated it there a few weeks ago just to do a bit of reconnaissance on a trip I fancied doing on holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,134 ✭✭✭seanin4711

the flipper took the full years sub there and then without any email warning such.
    i am not happy 78 sterling gone!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,618 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

can you find the original signup page?
    it may stipulate that you're signing up for the free trial but that it will automatically roll over without any further input from you.
    but i would guess that this could be covered by the 'change of mind' law governing internet purchases?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭alexinkildare

It does say you're signing up for the year. So ya have to be careful and unsub after the free month. I forgot to unsub and got hit for it aswell.

can you find the original signup page?
    it may stipulate that you're signing up for the free trial but that it will automatically roll over without any further input from you.
    but i would guess that this could be covered by the 'change of mind' law governing internet purchases?

Zg20F0a.png

• Advertisement

hgAOkXM.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Best thing you can do is contact them and say the trial was enough, you won't use it and request it refunded. Might be a cooling off period. Similar thing happened to me trialling Google Play and they had no problem refunding as I contacted them immediately after they billed.

Claim ignorance if needs be

Advertisement