Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perimeter security

Options
  • 15-10-2016 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys. Looking for advice. I'm looking for perimeter security for big house on two acre site. Perimeter sensors look to have one issue to me. Set them off once and you know they are there and where they are. They will be easy to get under or over in future. Is there nothing better?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Idbatterim wrote: »
    Hey guys. Looking for advice. I'm looking for perimeter security for big house on two acre site. Perimeter sensors look to have one issue to me. Set them off once and you know they are there and where they are. They will be easy to get under or over in future. Is there nothing better?

Are you referring to external type perimeter security or internal type perimeter security?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,853 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

Sorry I am referring to external security ...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

I reckon you are thinking of active passive infrared detectors, as in the James Bond type models :D.

If so your theory is correct, but a professional installer would use different detectors etc.

Here just to give you an idea of what is available https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_yJWH3Z6z4

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Putt it there

If you dont mind spending a few bob get yourself either a redwall or adpro external PIR system - stay away from matrix . Any certified installer will know what you mean when asking . Also the new wireless IP cameras are top notch - ptz domes with 100+ meters Infra-red . 5 megapixel now available too .

Advertisement