Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wikipedia account hacked

Options
  • 15-10-2016 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭

I have a problem where if I click anywhere on lots of Wikipedia pages I am linked to a strange YouTube video (the whole page is a link). I don't have this problem when I log out of my account.

Could anyone who has a Wikipedia account and is logged in please go to the Dublin Airport Wikipedia page (a page where this happens) and see if they have the same problem? This way I can know if it's just my account or not.

Thanks a lot!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭DopeTech

VG31 wrote: »
    I have a problem where if I click anywhere on lots of Wikipedia pages I am linked to a strange YouTube video (the whole page is a link). I don't have this problem when I log out of my account.

Could anyone who has a Wikipedia account and is logged in please go to the Dublin Airport Wikipedia page (a page where this happens) and see if they have the same problem? This way I can know if it's just my account or not.

Thanks a lot!
    Not sure what's going on but I have the same problem on that page. Your account is not hacked.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Not sure what's going on but I have the same problem on that page. Your account is not hacked.

Thanks, it must be the site that's been hacked then.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭bigpaudge

Don't visit the site unless you want some rogue code being maliciously loaded onto your machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

Just curious ... has anybody thought to notify Wikipedia and/or Dublin Airport about this?

I'm sure they'd like to know if there is something dodgy going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,439 ✭✭✭VG31

Just curious ... has anybody thought to notify Wikipedia and/or Dublin Airport about this?

I'm sure they'd like to know if there is something dodgy going on.

I wasn't just the Dublin Airport page. Lots of the pages I edit had this problem.

It seems to be OK now.

• Advertisement
Advertisement