If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor website and poor service from Richersound

Options
  • 15-10-2016 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

Poor website and poor service from Richersound, try to order a Sony telly from website, the website is not working, call shop twice yesterday 16:00, Nobody answered the call, left the messages to them, and have to make a call to the shop this morning, one of sale guy Chris told me to call the shop On Monday, No stock available and can be delivery to Ireland. there is nothing mentioned about stock level on website,

Seriously, what a great service your company provided? i had better to go to power city to get that Sony 49XD 8099 for 969 with 5 yrs warranty , rather to pay for 999 euro or 779 pounds to your company with 6 yrs warranty.

:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

flyandrain wrote: »
    Poor website and poor service from Richersound, try to order a Sony telly from website, the website is not working, call shop twice yesterday 16:00, Nobody answered the call, left the messages to them, and have to make a call to the shop this morning, one of sale guy Chris told me to call the shop On Monday, No stock available and can be delivery to Ireland. there is nothing mentioned about stock level on website,

Seriously, what a great service your company provided? i had better to go to power city to get that Sony 49XD 8099 for 969 with 5 yrs warranty , rather to pay for  999 euro or 779 pounds to your company with 6 yrs warranty.

:mad::mad::mad:
    Hi Flyandrian.

We are currently having some web issues which have just came to light as we where unaware of this happening.

We are currently reviewing and testing the order process to make sure any errors or bugs are ironed out. We always try our best but sometimes computer programmes and technology can have problems.

What issues are you experiencing with the order process?

David had been on the phone with you earlier trying to get card details from you but then the line went dead, we have tried twice after that but got no answer. I also dropped you an email asking for a time that suited to call you back.

I also think John had been dealing with you also but he is out of the office and on his return will also drop you a reply.

We hope to have the website up and running again ASAP.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Dear flyandrain,

thanks for your post and your emails to Kenny - we do hate to disappoint our potential Customers and we really do try not to give poor service however we are only human and sometimes we don't satisfy Customers expectations.

With regard to the website,  we thought there was an issue as we had so many failed transactions but it appears that they were all from your own account but using two slightly different names - I have just put through a sale on the website straight through to completion and following the 3D secure process without any difficulty and its showing up on our system and has cleared our payment process straight away.

I cannot see specific details of your transactions all credit card transactions are transacted by Sagepay outside our website so we cannot see the details however if any aspect of the name / address / credit card number / credit card dates or especially the 3D secure number then the transaction will fail - this has no relation to available funds but if the transaction fails for any detail you will get a small message at the top of the screen showing an invalid transaction - I appreciate that this can be annoying, and we would love to process ALL our website transactions, however these security safeguards are for both our own and of course for your security. I will continue to monitor the site tonight and I'll make test transactions - however at this point I can see that it is working no problem when the correct details are used.

With regard to service issue I have personally dealt with you and responded to each one of your 7 Boards PM's - most of my responses have been sent within the hour.

The initial thread you posted on boards enquiring about the TV was answered within about 30 minutes: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057658385

On phone calls we record all incoming missed calls and we received one from you on Friday at 17.41 and 2 this morning at 10:51 & 10:53.

Today George spoke to you followed by David our deputy manager - David spoke to you on the phone but it appears that he was cut off, Stephen also called you but could not get an answer so he left a voice mail.

I understand that you spoke to Chris as well today - you enquired about an 8077 with Chris - however stock is low on the 8077 and Chris asked to take your number and call you back on Monday when the main warehouse re-opened so we could confirm stock 100% on the 8077 ( you had previously requested details on the 8088 which is available from local stock.

Kenny has also mailed you today in response to your complaint.

Once again I'm sorry that we have not met your service expectations, I'll continue reviewing the website, we have offered to try to process your transaction over the phone but again for that to be successful we will need all the correct details to satisfy our security procedures.

Please feel free to contact me directly via PM or my direct email at johnmc@richersounds.ie 

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Boardies,

Please do not post on this thread - this is a matter between the OP and Richersounds and the thread should be left for correspondence between them only.

Many Thanks,

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭flyandrain

Dear flyandrain,

thanks for your post and your emails to Kenny - we do hate to disappoint our potential Customers and we really do try not to give poor service however we are only human and sometimes we don't satisfy Customers expectations.

With regard to the website,  we thought there was an issue as we had so many failed transactions but it appears that they were all from your own account but using two slightly different names - I have just put through a sale on the website straight through to completion and following the 3D secure process without any difficulty and its showing up on our system and has cleared our payment process straight away.

I cannot see specific details of your transactions all credit card transactions are transacted by Sagepay outside our website so we cannot see the details however if any aspect of the name / address / credit card number / credit card dates or especially the 3D secure number then the transaction will fail - this has no relation to available funds but if the transaction fails for any detail you will get a small message at the top of the screen showing an invalid transaction - I appreciate that this can be annoying, and we would love to process ALL our website transactions, however these security safeguards are for both our own and of course for your security. I will continue to monitor the site tonight and I'll make test transactions - however at this point I can see that it is working no problem when the correct details are used.

With regard to service issue I have personally dealt with you and responded to each one of your 7 Boards PM's - most of my responses have been sent within the hour.

The initial thread you posted on boards enquiring about the TV was answered within about 30 minutes: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057658385

On phone calls we record all incoming missed calls and we received one from you on Friday at 17.41 and 2 this morning at 10:51 & 10:53.

Today George spoke to you followed by David our deputy manager - David spoke to you on the phone but it appears that he was cut off, Stephen also called you but could not get an answer so he left a voice mail.

I understand that you spoke to Chris as well today - you enquired about an 8077 with Chris - however stock is low on the 8077 and Chris asked to take your number and call you back on Monday when the main warehouse re-opened so we could confirm stock 100% on the 8077 ( you had previously requested details on the 8088 which is available from local stock.

Once again I'm sorry that we have not met your service expectations, I'll continue reviewing the website, we have offered to try to process your transaction over the phone but again for that to be successful we will need all the correct details to satisfy our security procedures.

Please feel free to contact me directly via PM or my direct email at johnmc@richersounds.ie 

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi!  John,

i just want to buy TV, nothing more than that, so Do i deserve all of these?

well, let me tell you what happened, because i am moving to a new place, i did not change address of my credit card, so that is why billing address and delivery address is different, i try to place an order with no luck, so i though that would be problem with my credit card, i called my bank, they told me there was nothing wrong with my credit card; they suggested me to change my address of credit card to new address, so i did, and then i try to order Tv again, no luck at all,

as you mentioned 3D secure number, i correctly entered and pass that check anyway.

and for all phone calls you mentioned, it sounds very funny to me, they all happened after i post complains on boards.ie. 

i did call your shop so many times this morning, first guy told me he would call me back in 10 mins, i have no problem to pay over phone, that is why i was calling your shop at the first place,

after 2 hours nobody call me at all, later on Chris called me, in relation to voice mail i left this morning, and he told me there might no stock for delivery, ask me to call shop on Monday, 

i try to be reasonable, if any of your staff place the order for me over the phone, do you think all of these can happened???????? not after making complains in here, your guys suddenly are very helpful.

you know what, i just try to buy a TV, and you do know on Irish website, your company charge 999 euro for the same Tv, <Snipped by Moderator> john told me to buy with Sterling, that might be a slightly cheap opinion, because the price is 779 pounds. 

Now what i got from your company. i am only a customer, who try to buy a TV from your company. well i have to go through all of these.

i just repeat myself again....if any of your staff place the order for me over the phone, do you think all of these can happened?

Thank you!

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

flyandrain wrote: »
    Dear flyandrain,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew
    Hi!  John,

i just want to buy TV, nothing more than that, so Do i deserve all of these?

well, let me tell you what happened, because i am moving to a new place, i did not change address of my credit card, so that is why billing address and delivery address is different, i try to place an order with no luck, so i though that would be problem with my credit card, i called my bank, they told me there was nothing wrong with my credit card; they suggested me to change my address of credit card to new address, so i did, and then i try to order Tv again, no luck at all,

as you mentioned 3D secure number, i correctly entered and pass that check anyway.

and for all phone calls you mentioned, it sounds very funny to me, they all happened after i post complains on boards.ie. 

i did call your shop so many times this morning, first guy told me he would call me back in 10 mins, i have no problem to pay over phone, that is why i was calling your shop at the first place,

after 2 hours nobody call me at all, later on Chris called me,  in relation to voice mail i left this morning, and he told me there might no stock for delivery, ask me to call shop on Monday, 

i try to be reasonable, if any of your staff place the order for me over the phone, do you think all of these can happened???????? not after making complains in here, your guys suddenly are very helpful.

you know what, i just try to buy a TV, and you do know on Irish website, your company charge 999 euro for the same Tv, <Snipped by Moderator> john told me to buy with Sterling, that might be a slightly cheap opinion, because the price is 779 pounds. 

Now what i got from your company. i am only a customer, who try to buy a TV from your company. well i have to go through all of these.

i just repeat myself again....if any of your staff place the order for me over the phone, do you think all of these can happened?

Thank you!
    I'm not sure any benefit will accrue to either of us by continuing to post here but just a few issues that you raise:

1. as per my earlier post all your details have to match when you are ordering on our website - if you place an order for delivery to an address other than the address that the bank has registered as your statement address, or an authorised delivery address previously agreed with your bank, our security checks will not process the order - we share the same security protocols as most AV companies that offer web deliveries.

2. You must have acknowledged this as you called your bank and changed the delivery address on your account which is exactly the correct thing to do - however it normally takes a period of a few days for the bank to set up these new details - I do appreciate that its not your fault, but you hopefully will also appreciate that we have to have safeguards in place to ensure that someone who has your card details and your home address cannot use your card to have the good delivered to a different address.

3.  You have also said that we only contacted you after you complained, I have personally contacted you in response to each of your various enquiries - every time within approx. 1 hour - You sent me a boards PM at 17.44 last night asking for a phone call - unfortunately I was off this morning and did not get the message - however today, as above, Chris, George and David from our store all spoke to you and Kenny our manager also mailed you twice.

4. As discussed in our previous correspondence - PCity are still actually advertising that Sony 49" TV at €1069 tonight, not €969 - however I did agree to price match on your word - I DID advise you that you may be better off to purchase it at £779 and I also said that we would refund you the £6.99 shipping.

I do appreciate that the issues you are having ordering on the site are not your fault but hopefully you can see the reasons for our security procedures - we cannot make exceptions for one Customer as the automated credit card verification is not performed by our company for security and privacy reasons.

As above I don't think that further public posts will benefit either you or ourselves - I'm happy to continue to correspond to you via my personal mail johnmc@richersounds.ie but if you prefer to post in public I will also do that and I can post the precise timeline of our correspondence to show that we have responded to you in a timely manner.

Finally apologies again that we have disappointed you, its not our intention - we appreciate that you want to buy a TV, we want to sell TV's!

Best regards,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi  flyandrain,

As indicated by John above, I believe that both sides of this matter have been thoroughly aired on the thread and it would be more appropriate for any further discussion to be carried out by private messsage or email directly with John using the address given above, and accordingly I am closing this thread. Please do not open another thread to air the same issue.

Just a small addititonal item - the Charter for this forum has strict conditions for referring to other companies - I let the first reference pass due to the nature of your post and knowing that it would attract a response from RS, but further references do not serve any useful purpose and have been snipped.

Thanks,

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.