Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comedy at the International Bar

Options
  • 15-10-2016 2:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭

Just looking for opinions on going here. Is it any good? Had a look at their fb? Would it be tight for seating on a Saturday night?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,993 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

sm3ar wrote: »
    Just looking for opinions on going here. Is it any good? Had a look at their fb? Would it be tight for seating on a Saturday night?

It can get tight if you're late and most likely have to stand at the back or sit on the stage..

I'd advise having a pint downstairs beforehand and make a dash for the door as soon as it opens.

It's usually pretty good, sometimes excellent depending on who's on, definitely good value for the tenner.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    It can get tight if you're late and most likely have to stand at the back or sit on the stage..

I'd advise having a pint downstairs beforehand and make a dash for the door as soon as it opens.

It's usually pretty good, sometimes excellent depending on who's on, definitely good value for the tenner.

Cheers for the heads up!

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Dick Turnip

Definitely worth going to once anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

First time I went it was excellent.

Second time (over a year later) the same comedians were there and did the exact same jokes.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭sm3ar

Ya researching it I saw a few videos online. Went last week and heard some of the same jokes (Only one or two) but would definitely recommend going to it. There were 3 acts with Des Bishop's brother MC'ing. The girl from Republic of Telly was the best act by a mile. Very funny. But like was said before, be one of the first to go up the stairs as very tight on space up there. Seats about 20 or 25 i'd say at most.

• Advertisement
Advertisement