Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromebook Android Apps

Options
  • 15-10-2016 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭

My Lenovo Chromebook is one of that can now use Android Apps from Google Play.

My problem is that when I go to install any App, it only gives me the option to install them on my phone. My Chromebook does not appear in the device list.

How do I add my Chromebook to my device list?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

mp22 wrote: »

Thanks mp22 but that is almost 2 years old and my understanding is that you can now use the play store. You are supposed to see a check box for "Add my Chromebook" or something like that but I'm not seeing that option.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This relates to Google Play & Android Apps on Chromebooks and not the Google Chrome Web Store.

I purchased the Lenovo N22 Chromebook partly because it was listed as one of the models that were Google Play Android App compatible.

See here:
    http://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-chromebooks-can-run-android-apps

The instructions on how to enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook are here:
    https://support.google.com/chromebook/answer/7021273?hl=en

One of the prerequisites are that you must have Chrome OS v53 or above installed.

My Chromebook has v53 installed.

The install section says that you need to sign in to your Google Play account on the device and under the "Google Play Store" section, check the box for "Enable Google Play Store on your Chromebook."

This option is not appearing for me and my device list only shows my phone and nothing for my Chromebook.

Any idea what I can do to enable my Chromebook in Google Play?

Advertisement