Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WiFi door intercom

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

I'd definitely avoid the battery option if possible.

Does anyone know any Irish suppliers of this gear?

Amazon UK have the original, I saw the Ring Pro on eBay.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Thanks lads. Was thinking of wholesale trade suppliers. Ta.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I asked too.I rang ring themselves in the states.
    They had an option for me to pick the unit on my phone but to pay through Amazon.

I was was good as I had the chime , the bell and the cloud storage all selected , plus there are some discount codes for 20 bucks off etc.

But it didn't push through, they said it's a new feature not working 100 percent .

But have the Amazon app logged into your account. Use your phone and log onto ring.com try to order it and see if pay through Amazon is available now. That way you will get all the bits from them and get the pro. Amazon don't have the chime either last time I checked but they have in the ring site .

The pro and chime are on the US Amazon site but not the .co.uk

I think it didn't work because of the fact that my Amazon account is a .co.uk one a and it couldn't find the pro, chime or cloud storage on the . co.uk as the interface to Amazon was flawless

Btw what's up with not liking the battery?
    You don't have to use it, it works perfectly well from the 12 V at the bell push . The battery just gives you extra mounting options. 6 months use from a charge is impressive

Good for people in flats too. No need to cable. Take it with them when they go etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

So did yours come from the states then? Did you get stung for the duty?

• Advertisement

No I just got the regular one from Amazon .

I was hoping to order through the ring site, get a discount code , get the other bits and pay for it through my Amazon.co.uk. account

But it was stuck processing having linked to my account selected payment and addresses etc it just wouldn't go past that.

So I rang them and they didn't even know that had been added as s payment option. They went through it with me and saw it there on their phone but not in the full site.

That's where he told me that the pro is not being marketed in the uk and Ireland.

They have the uk chime etc on that main site and I explained that the pay with Amazon feature would help with the customs issue. TBH i think he was going to give me a discount code to make up the difference but then I decided that I don't need a chime and the marking out the recording area was not something I needed for this install as i want it to watch the cars in the garden
    Also my WiFi extender is long-range at 2.4GH but not 5GH

So apart from bring smaller, and a better quality video feed and 4 different colour fronts .The other great advantages did not apply to me. So I just bought the regular one on Amazon prime to our uk office (parcel motel didn't work)
    I got it in antique bronze to save £10. I'm not that bothered with the colour

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Advbrd

Perversely, venetian bronze is 10 pounds cheaper on Amazon and 30 euro dearer in Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Sneachta

Looking to get one for the Ma, any updates on people's experiences of these?

Advertisement