Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pre-ordering games Online

Options
  • 15-10-2016 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi folks. Is there any UK site that does day one delivery of games in Ireland for pre-orders? Amazon never gets them to me on release day.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,327 ✭✭✭dunworth1

There's no guarantee you'll get it on release when it's coming via post but I heard that the game collection are pretty good and lots get it before release

• Registered Users Posts: 8 jellybabies26

Cheers for the reply. I'll try them out so.

If you can, I'd personally go for digital preorder. It's almost the only guarantee of a day one delivery. (Dependant on internet speed, of course)

Or, ya know... Don't?

What does preordering actually gain you? A day or two at most Vs not reading reviews, unfinished, unpatched, plain up bad games? Look no further than "No Man's Sky" debacle which would never have happened, had people waited for a few reviews to come in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Anyone have experience pre-ordering with Amazon going through parcel motel? Did anyone get it on release day ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 jellybabies26

@boneyarsebogman I live in rural Ireland with dreadful download speeds so digital is a no I'm afraid. Digital prices are way overpriced too on the consoles.

@Cork_exile Nah I want the games on the day they are out. I typically only buy story focused games so I don't really care if the gameplay is junk like no mans sky. I only buy about maybe 5 or 6 games a year so I'm not too bothered if one or 2 are crap.

@Cork_exile Nah I want the games on the day they are out. I typically only buy story focused games so I don't really care if the gameplay is junk like no mans sky. I only buy about maybe 5 or 6 games a year so I'm not too bothered if one or 2 are crap.

That's even worse ha, the story is going nowhere. You're not even missing out on the multiplayer.

Batman Arkham Knight ringing a bell? Street Fighter 5 missing its single player cometely.

The lads here with more knowledge could probably list off dozens.

As long as preorders occur there is no incentive, whatsoever, for companies to perform suitable QA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

I pre order collectors editions of games. Rarely pre order run Of The mill games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

I'v never pre-ordered a game and I doubt I ever will. Paying up front for a product you can't judge is any good just for a few bonus items that become useless an hour or two into the game is just daft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

dunworth1 wrote: »
    There's no guarantee you'll get it on release when it's coming via post but I heard that the game collection are pretty good and lots get it before release

I preordered about 4 games off them in the past and got 3 of them a day before release and the last one two days after release. I use my Parcel Motel address though so i'm not sure how early you'd get them if they were sent to your home address though or if you'd get them day of release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

The Game Collection were good at it at one point, not so good the last couple of times.

Advertisement