Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Does anyone have a discount code for zooplus.ie that I could use?

• 15-10-2016 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭

My dog has recently been diagnosed with arthritis. She's 12 years old this winter.

Her legs were so bad a few weeks ago. We're a fortnight into medication now and she's doing reasonably well aside from the odd twinge where she sways a little. This happens maybe about once a day or maybe twice. She's ok then after a minute or so.

When she was a puppy we had a kennel for her but she never took to it. She chewed holes in her kennel and whined a lot so we brought her in. She had some beds down through the years but god only knows what happened to them. For the past few years she picked her own choice if people's beds to sleep in around the house or slept on the couch. Unfortunately she's banned from all that now due to her weak behind.

Currently I have a mattress from an unused bed down on my bedroom floor and she sleeps there at night time. I sleep on the edge of my bed and we are still very close together. She sleeps comfortably but it's not very ideal because it's taking up so much space. Throughout the house there is a blanket under the kitchen table for her and another blanket on the sitting room floor but these are not ideal either. She tried to get comfortable in the sitting room earlier but she found it hard tossing and turning all the time.

So I need to get the dog her own bed. I searched so many places online and there is a memory foam mattress on zooplus.ie. It's plain and large and 9cm thick and I think the most suitable. I'd be able to move this from room to room then. I wonder would 9cm thick be thick enough for a Staffordshire bull terrier or should I go for something thicker?

I don't get paid a lot and there's been a huge strain on finances over the past three weeks from the vets appointment and blood tests and medications. Followed by a month's supply of medicine and followed by a large bag on food - new diet for her liver. I don't get paid til Thursdays and Thursday can't come quick enough for me because I'd like to order a bed first thing Thursday morning and hoping for fast despatch and delivery. Probably sometime into the following week. I should have about 80 euro to spare/play around with for a bed but it's still going to be tight for me because I owe about 80 euro to my mother as well but hopefully I'll be able to pay her 20 or 30 euro back and she can wait til the following week for the rest. Then it won't be long again before I have to go back again to the vet for another supply of medicine.

So does anyone have a discount code for zooplus.ie?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Themadhouse

Did you price it on DE site? the food i get is cheaper there so you might be lucky.
    Also you might look into tumeric golden paste for your dog. I am going to start it this winter for my 13 yr old girl. It seems to be very good for reducing inflammation and helping with joint lubrication.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Broken Hearted Road

Did you price it on DE site? the food i get is cheaper there so you might be lucky.
    Also you might look into tumeric golden paste for your dog. I am going to start it this winter for my 13 yr old girl. It seems to be very good for reducing inflammation and helping with joint lubrication.

I never would have thought about going to the site from different countries. The bed I'm looking at on the Irish site is 80 euro and on the DE site it's 70 euro. I had a look at food too and the new food that the dog is on is there for about 20 euro cheaper than the vets and 5 euro cheaper than the Irish zooplus. Thank you very much for your help. That would be a help.

I'm off to google tumeric golden paste now.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Michelle_b

Hi I'm sorry to hear about your girl but you are so good trying to make her as comfy as possible. With regards to German site if you register with them with email address you will get 5% off first purchase. It is 10 euro delivery fee to Ireland but food etc is much cheaper. I have a different idea for you that I am using for my dog. On pigsback a while ago they had these extra large bean bags for 55euro they are ones for people that are really big can lay on. I bought that for my dog and used one of her old beds and her blanket over it and she loves it! Cause it conforms to shape and still gives height it was Best Buy ever. I kept buying beds that lost shape and wasting money on them. She has to drag herself out of it ever morning. They probably still have them and delivery is free plus you can wash the outside if necessary only hassle is actually having take out inside 'beans' have done once and his emptied into boxes and bags. But honestly it stays so good just plump every now and again like pillow. Just an idea for you. Good luck with your fur baby x. BTW it's called EMO beanbag and online now at 66euro on their site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'm off to google tumeric golden paste now.

Make sure the turmeric paste is ok to give with your dogs medications because it can't be given with some.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I don't have a zooplus code but if money is tight have you tried done deal or adverts.ie or ebay? Or even amazon have some second hand beds sometimes.

Could be worth a look if you've identified something you like but want a cheaper option?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

STOCKUPANDSAVE gets a couple of € off

Delivery to Ireland usually takes about 10 days just so you know

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've been ordering from zooplus (.ie, co.uk, de) for many years, and whilst some orders were delayed up to 10 days in the early days, I rarely wait longer than 3-4 days for a delivery now :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭frash

DBB wrote: »
    I've been ordering from zooplus (.ie, co.uk, de) for many years, and whilst some orders were delayed up to 10 days in the early days, I rarely wait longer than 3-4 days for a delivery now :)

odd - usually takes 10 days for me when I order 2 * 14kg bags

out of interest I went to the .DE site and while the food was cheaper there was an €11.99 delivery charge
    is there some trick I'm missing?

.ie gives free delivery

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

frash wrote: »

out of interest I went to the .DE site and while the food was cheaper there was an €11.99 delivery charge

.ie gives free delivery

I ordered 2 x 13.5kg bags of food last Sunday week night, food was here by 10am on Tuesday morning! And I live in the back end of nowhere. I think that's a record though!
    The amount you have to spend to get free delivery is higher for the de site than it is for the ie site when ordering from Ireland. Unless they've changed something, delivery from the ie site is not free, I'm guessing you're exceeding the limit with your order each time? (Edit: just checked. Delivery to Ireland is free on orders over €49).
    Indeed, I have a vague memory that there were some other sanctions put in place a couple of years ago to persuade Irish customers to use the Irish site, certainly at that stage they upped the minimum spend for free delivery by a fair chunk on the de site!

frash wrote: »

.ie gives free delivery

Yeah what a scam!! It used to be free over a certain amount no matter what site you bought from but they changed it - even though it all comes from the SAME warehouse in Germany!! Loads of people complained but they basically told us to get lost :mad:

Anyways I have the loyalty plan so 8% off every order and it usually comes within the week. It's much better since they changed to DPD for me anyways. I work 5 mins from the nearest DPD depot and GLS who I used to pick for delivery are less than 10 mins away but were unreliable not showing up and boxes often ripped.

OP I have Hi-K9 beds which have shot up in price since I got them BUT I've gotten 2 cheapo €10 cushions in the last few months - I don't know what they're stuffed with but the dogs LOVE them. I don't think I'd buy an expensive bed ever again!
    I got them in a shop near where I work but PetStop stock them too so you could order online - http://www.petstop.ie/printed-dog-cushion
    399363.JPG

• Advertisement

tk123 wrote: »
    Make sure the turmeric paste is ok to give with your dogs medications because it can't be given with some.

I didn't start on the turmeric yet but will check it out.

Michelle_b wrote: »
    Hi I'm sorry to hear about your girl but you are so good trying to make her as comfy as possible. With regards to German site if you register with them with email address you will get 5% off first purchase. It is 10 euro delivery fee to Ireland but food etc is much cheaper. I have a different idea for you that I am using for my dog. On pigsback a while ago they had these extra large bean bags for 55euro they are ones for people that are really big can lay on. I bought that for my dog and used one of her old beds and her blanket over it and she loves it! Cause it conforms to shape and still gives height it was Best Buy ever. I kept buying beds that lost shape and wasting money on them. She has to drag herself out of it ever morning. They probably still have them and delivery is free plus you can wash the outside if necessary only hassle is actually having take out inside 'beans' have done once and his emptied into boxes and bags. But honestly it stays so good just plump every now and again like pillow. Just an idea for you. Good luck with your fur baby x. BTW it's called EMO beanbag and online now at 66euro on their site

Thank you so much for this. Them beanbags look a lot like the Fatboy beanbags. I'm familiar with the Fatboy beanbags. I happened to sleep on one, one night before and I woke up on the floor in the morning. Probably just slided off. Definitely not something I would put the dog on. Especially now and she's sleeping more.

I checked DoneDeal and adverts and eBay but unfortunately nothing came up for what I was looking for. Just a very large and thick rectangular piece of memory foam bed. There were some beds alright but wouldn't be suitable in size and shape.

I went to have a look on the zooplus.ie site yesterday to find the mattress I was looking at was not on offer anymore. It was 100. Down to 80 when I was looking at it and then back up to 100. It was disappointing.

I went over to the zooplus.de site and it was on offer there. So did some navigation about the site and decided on the mattress and a dog coat and with delivery added onto them it would come up to a little less than 100 euro. But I was going to have to spend that anyways on the Irish site with the mattress gone up in price to 100. It took me ages to pick out a jacket but I'm happy with the one I picked and confident about the size. I stuck in the order very early this morning and received an email saying it was despatched. Email was in German but thank goodness for Google translate. So now it's a waiting game for the parcel to arrive. Hope to god it won't take 10 days. It shouldn't. Someone here had a miracle delivery within two days. It would be great if it would arrive on Saturday but knowing my luck I will probably have to wait til Monday or Tuesday.

Yeah what a scam!! It used to be free over a certain amount no matter what site you bought from but they changed it - even though it all comes from the SAME warehouse in Germany!! Loads of people complained but they basically told us to get lost :mad:

Anyways I have the loyalty plan so 8% off every order and it usually comes within the week. It's much better since they changed to DPD for me anyways. I work 5 mins from the nearest DPD depot and GLS who I used to pick for delivery are less than 10 mins away but were unreliable not showing up and boxes often ripped.

OP I have Hi-K9 beds which have shot up in price since I got them BUT I've gotten 2 cheapo €10 cushions in the last few months - I don't know what they're stuffed with but the dogs LOVE them. I don't think I'd buy an expensive bed ever again!
    I got them in a shop near where I work but PetStop stock them too so you could order online - http://www.petstop.ie/printed-dog-cushion
    attachment.php?attachmentid=399363&stc=1&d=1476703051

I hope to buy another bed at some stage. It won't be yet though. Just to provide a bit of variety for the dog because she sleeps and rests a lot.

My local petrol station has these and the dog had one too before. Mam took the cover off for washing and that was that with that bed.

attachment.php?attachmentid=399363&stc=1&d=1476703051

Your dog is lovely by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

My dog has recently been diagnosed with arthritis. She's 12 years old this winter.

Her legs were so bad a few weeks ago. We're a fortnight into medication now and she's doing reasonably well aside from the odd twinge where she sways a little. This happens maybe about once a day or maybe twice. She's ok then after a minute or so.

When she was a puppy we had a kennel for her but she never took to it. She chewed holes in her kennel and whined a lot so we brought her in. She had some beds down through the years but god only knows what happened to them. For the past few years she picked her own choice if people's beds to sleep in around the house or slept on the couch. Unfortunately she's banned from all that now due to her weak behind.

Currently I have a mattress from an unused bed down on my bedroom floor and she sleeps there at night time. I sleep on the edge of my bed and we are still very close together. She sleeps comfortably but it's not very ideal because it's taking up so much space. Throughout the house there is a blanket under the kitchen table for her and another blanket on the sitting room floor but these are not ideal either. She tried to get comfortable in the sitting room earlier but she found it hard tossing and turning all the time.

So I need to get the dog her own bed. I searched so many places online and there is a memory foam mattress on zooplus.ie. It's plain and large and 9cm thick and I think the most suitable. I'd be able to move this from room to room then. I wonder would 9cm thick be thick enough for a Staffordshire bull terrier or should I go for something thicker?

I don't get paid a lot and there's been a huge strain on finances over the past three weeks from the vets appointment and blood tests and medications. Followed by a month's supply of medicine and followed by a large bag on food - new diet for her liver. I don't get paid til Thursdays and Thursday can't come quick enough for me because I'd like to order a bed first thing Thursday morning and hoping for fast despatch and delivery. Probably sometime into the following week. I should have about 80 euro to spare/play around with for a bed but it's still going to be tight for me because I owe about 80 euro to my mother as well but hopefully I'll be able to pay her 20 or 30 euro back and she can wait til the following week for the rest. Then it won't be long again before I have to go back again to the vet for another supply of medicine.

So does anyone have a discount code for zooplus.ie?

I got an orthapedic dog bed in tk max for €20........same one was €90 online. 6 months ago but worth a try.

Hoboo wrote: »
    I got an orthapedic dog bed in tk max for €20........same one was €90 online. 6 months ago but worth a try.

I had a look in my local tkmaxx about 2 weeks ago. Loads of dog beds and I did see something. A huge self heating bed but I didn't buy it because I was so short on money. I might be going into town this weekend, if I find something suitable for 20 quid, I will buy.

I had a look in my local tkmaxx about 2 weeks ago. Loads of dog beds and I did see something. A huge self heating bed but I didn't buy it because I was so short on money. I might be going into town this weekend, if I find something suitable for 20 quid, I will buy.

Homestore and more had them too but have cleared everything out for all the Halloween stuff!! If they're not back before Christmas they'll be back for the sales I'd say. The one near where I work often brings the dog stuff out throughout the year - if I see it i'll post a sighting alert! :)

I was in tkmaxx today and had a look in the pet section. I started feeling all the large dog beds until I felt something like a memory foam and inspecting the bed, sure enough it was. I came skipping out from tkmaxx with pure delight with what I found and the bargain I got. The dog has taken to her bed already. It's under the kitchen table and it will be her day time resting place because she likes being up during the day and watching everyone. The bed I have coming from zooplus will be her nighttime bed. I'm enjoying watching the tracking for the current parcel. It left England yesterday evening. So I should have sometime into next week. Hopefully my bank balance will be okish in a few weeks time. I'll buy another bed in tkmaxx if I find one for the sitting room.

The cat claimed ownership over the dogs new bed from tkmaxx. They used to be great at sharing their sleeping area and often cuddled up together but today, not much sharing done between them. The dog and cat fought over the bed today and it was so funny to watch. The cat was sleeping but the dog wanted it and rightly so and they scrapped over the mattress. I had to help the dog win.

Dog is gone to bed now for the night. Here is the cat settled for the night and snoring his little head off.

I'm hoping to go into tkmaxx again, maybe on Thursday morning for another bed. There was another large orthopaedic bed so here's hoping it will still be there on Thursday morning. Failing that I could maybe try and go to Dublin on Saturday if I have a spare 50/60/70 euro and check out the tkmaxx in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I spent €80 today on a new hobby that might never take off. I just lost the run of myself.

So far you have bought 2 beds a dog coat and if you have a spare €70 you'll go to Dublin and get a third bed. By then you'll have spent around €200. It's none of my business how you spend your money OP, but do go back and re-read your opening post ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Hoboo

I spent €80 today on a new hobby that might never take off. I just lost the run of myself.

So far you have bought 2 beds a dog coat and if you have a spare €70 you'll go to Dublin and get a third bed. By then you'll have spent around €200. It's none of my business how you spend your money OP, but do go back and re-read your opening post ;)

I've never heard of a dog bed fetish.......until now!!

My zooplus order came on Monday and I'm well impressed. The dog has taken well to her new nighttime bed. The jacket fits very well too.

I think you are correct. I must contain myself. The plan I had with the bed I ordered from zooplus was for a nighttime bed for the dog and then in the mornings lift it and place it in the kitchen or sitting room. I don't think the plan will be ideal now and I would like to get a new bed for the sitting room. I'll be holding off for another few more weeks and check my local tkmaxx again.

The jacket was needed for the cold mornings and evenings for taking the dog out to the toilet.

For now, I need go down another route for helping the dog. I need to get one or two non slip runners for the hall. The dog skidded this morning after rising. That's not good and the thing I want to see is a fracture in the dog. So I have source one or two of them this week. Aldi or Lidl had them a few months ago but not anymore unfortunately in my local shops. There is a runner on the dunnes site for 30 quid but I don't know if it's non slip. Argos have them too, so I'll be doing that job this weekend.

I have another order ready to go for tomorrow morning on the zooplus.de site again but for food and a snugglesafe heat pad.

Advertisement