Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royston, Kimmage Road West

Options
  • 15-10-2016 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone give their opinion on this estate?
    I originally thought it was in Kimmage but it appears it's actually Crumlin. Can anyone confirm this?

Not really familiar with this area - is it a nice area? Safe to walk around at night?

If anyone has any information or experience living around the area, I'd be grateful if they could share their views.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Torakx

Not too bad an area at all.
    I've lived on Terenure Road west for several years, on the other side of that kimmage traffic junction which felt really safe.
    I now live generally near the ashleaf which might be a little dodge as you get closer to Crumlin village at night.
    Generally I walk through the area you mentioned during the day and it feels safe and quiet.
    Very suburban looking. Not a lot of groups of teens seen around.
    Walking at night should be fine.
    Over the last few years i only ever had one nervy encounter which was right by the Ashleaf shopping center at 2 am. Just some rough looking lads asking for the time is all and unhappy with not getting an answer.
    I've lived in some very rough spots and some very peaceful spots around dublin and the country.
    I think you can't really find much better for safety on the south side.
    Keeping closer to Kimmage junction rather than the ashleaf I think is slightly more peaceful and suburban.
    Garda station on terenure road west might be why lol

Honestly that whole area from terenure road west, down to the junction before the main one by the ashleaf, is pretty damn good overall for everything.
    You also have the 9 bus from the ashleaf which turns at the kimmage junction(left) and heads into town by the south circular road.
    And the 15a I think from just before kimmage junction to take you straight up terenure road through terenure and into rathmines.

I'd say go for it if you can afford it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Thanks Torakx - very helpful.

I've been looking into this further and I'm even more confused. Do you know if Royston is officially Kimmage or Crumlin?
    Having another look at Google maps now seems to confirm it's Kimmage. See map below. According to Google this is the boundary for Kimmage, which includes Royston (marked with the blue arrow).

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭Carlosthejakal

i have lived very near here all my life. Technically it is crumlin by an post definition and where you vote. A lot of people call it Kimmage and some even call it Terenure.
    None of that matters, its a really nice quiet area. Close to shops, on good bus routes, good schools nearby.

Advertisement