Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help please urgent...Text in appendix still adding to word count (word 2016)

Options
  • 15-10-2016 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Hi all, so I have an assignment due to be submitted at 9am Monday.

Anyway, I added an appendix in word 2016 and the text I copy and paste into the appendix still adds to the word count..

I followed this video to add appendix.

Please help :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭pillphil

I think the word count just calculates how many words are in the document, I'm not sure you can exclude an appendix from the total.

Why do you want to exclude it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

pillphil wrote: »
    I think the word count just calculates how many words are in the document, I'm not sure you can exclude an appendix from the total.

Why do you want to exclude it?

I was full sure the appendix isn't included in the word count. Also the assignment is supposed to be 1500 words. It's 3500 words now with whats in the appendix..

Is this for an automated word count you have inserted in the document or just the number that appears on the bottom?

You seem to have two options, you can insert the entire appendix in a very large text box and on the word count display screen (Review >> Word Count) unselect the "Include textboxes, footnotes and endnotes" checkbox.

399273.PNG

Or you can highlight the entire appendix, right click on the highlighted text and select font, then choose the hidden effect in the window that opens.

N.B. any text with this attribute will not be printed when you print the document.

399274.PNG

Source: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1293724

Is this for an automated word count you have inserted in the document or just the number that appears on the bottom?

You seem to have two options, you can insert the entire appendix in a very large text box and on the word count display screen (Review >> Word Count) unselect the "Include textboxes, footnotes and endnotes" checkbox.

399273.PNG

Or you can highlight the entire appendix, right click on the highlighted text and select font, then choose the hidden effect in the window that opens.

N.B. any text with this attribute will not be printed when you print the document.

399274.PNG

Source: http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1293724

Perfect thanks for that...

Just the word count that appears on the bottom...

Thanks very much for the help really appreciate it. :)

No worries, best of luck with the assignment.

• Advertisement

No worries, best of luck with the assignment.

Thanks a million. Also, thanks for getting back to me before the assignment submission date. You have helped me to increase my result. :)

Advertisement