Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMMONAGE

• 16-10-2016 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

Hi.I'm after coming across bit of ground for sheep.think part of it is commonage.can anyone tell me what the story with it.ie.grants .how.many sheep allowed etc.rams going to ewes on it.anything really.any help be great.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭MayoAreMagic

Have a look at commonage.ie. They have a lot of info on the subject, plus you can drop them an email for any info required on the specific commonage you are on.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭geros29

Have a look at commonage.ie. They have a lot of info on the subject, plus you can drop them an email for any info required on the specific commonage you are on.

Thanks.will do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 308 ✭✭john jameson

How does it work commonage?? How does one become entitled to a share?? Can anybody roam trough an area of bog or other that is commonage?? Curious to know how it goes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,748 ✭✭✭ganmo

How does it work commonage?? How does one become entitled to a share?? Can anybody roam trough an area of bog or other that is commonage?? Curious to know how it goes

From what I've been told the entitlements are normally attached to land deeds in the area.
    A lot of commonages have trails, walks and roads across them the sugarloaf and the curragh to name 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭Sheep breeder

Commonage is usually differs in different parts of the country, some are collops and relate to animal numbers per each share, a lot are attached to inside green land giving the share percentage and the commonage has to be claimed with the inside ground.

• Advertisement
Advertisement