Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Considering moving to arklow

Options
  • 16-10-2016 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Obviously with house prices at a premium I am looking further a field for my first how. My mother and family live in wicklow town so naturally I am aware of how nice a place wicklow is.

Myself and my wife still work in Dublin city and have a 2 year old, house prices in arklow are very reasonable but just wondering what people's thoughts are on the town and if a commute to Dublin is still realisitic on a daily basis?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭bisset

Its a long commute to be doing on a ongoing basis. What would be your plan for your 2 year old. You might have childcare that works now but thing change when they start school.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Larsso30 wrote: »
    so naturally I am aware of how nice a place wicklow is

All lies! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

If you are working in the city itself, I would see this as a very very long commute. If your places of work are on the M50, it's much more reasonable.

If you do need to go into the city; driving all the way / public transport / a mix of the two would leave you with very little down-time at home in the evenings, given the sheer amount of travel time.

Best of luck with the decision.

Advertisement