Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Strava works

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I suspect they are created by someone who manages to get through several sequences of green lights on a deserted route at 4am.

Possibly. Although I did create a segment that covers most of my commute across the city just to be able to see the shortest/longest times it takes me to get to and from work. It's a private segment and not one I'd compete against - it's just to satisfy my own curiosity.

Incidentally, with regards to privacy zones, if you pass through your privacy zone rather than stop, you will be awarded any segment times that are relevant. However, if you stop/save the ride then the segment won't count.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

I saw a segment for the Gerry brannigan spin. It was 58k or something mad. The whole spin. I think the WW200 is a segment too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭Chuchote

How anonymized is the "Include my anonymized public activity in Strava Metro and Heatmap" setting? Would your rides and your routine be available from it to someone who wanted it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,192 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Both are completely anonymous. The heatmap shows popular routes based on the number of rides recorded. Metro is similar, but also provides more in depth data (number of cyclists, type of ride, wait time at intersections). It's still group based though. You can't pick out individual details.

Advertisement