Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thoughts on this gaming pc I'm interested in

Options
  • 16-10-2016 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

my old desktop died last week sadly :(
    so instead of buying a regular desktop from power city or argos I thought I would spend a decent amount and get myself a gaming pc.

this one has caught my eye and has a nice 600euro price tag

MSI Night blade mi2c
    http://www.komplett.ie/msi-nightblade-mi2c-038eu/20793197/details.aspx

I'd be interested to hear anyones feedback on this pc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Not the greatest Gfx card and no SSD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For 600 from a retail store it's a good price to be fair. Self building would get you a better machine for the money and the graphics card is fairly low end, but as new pre-built machines go, it's fairly good value. The GFX card can easily be upgraded down the line in any case, and the core of the machine is excellent (the Skylake i5 with DDR4 ram)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

For 600 from a retail store it's a good price to be fair. Self building would get you a better machine for the money and the graphics card is fairly low end, but as new pre-built machines go, it's fairly good value. The GFX card can easily be upgraded down the line in any case, and the core of the machine is excellent (the Skylake i5 with DDR4 ram)

yeah it's better than spending almost 500 on a desktop pc over here in a retail shop like pc world or argos were they have only i3s for almost 500euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

biggebruv wrote: »
    yeah it's better than spending almost 500 on a desktop pc over here in a retail shop like pc world or argos were they have only i3s for almost 500euros

I wouldn't mind the i3, they're fine for gaming, it's the graphics card that's always the biggest issue. If you went into PC World and wanted a gaming PC, something like what you've posted would be closer to 900-1k.

The R7 360 would be OK for the latest games at 1080p low to medium settings, but of course you have to remember that at these levels games look as good as PS4 titles.

You could sell the 360 for around €70 and pick up a GTX1060 3GB for around €220 and that would run everything at 1080p high-ultra.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

I wouldn't mind the i3, they're fine for gaming, it's the graphics card that's always the biggest issue. If you went into PC World and wanted a gaming PC, something like what you've posted would be closer to 900-1k.

The R7 360 would be OK for the latest games at 1080p low to medium settings, but of course you have to remember that at these levels games look as good as PS4 titles.

You could sell the 360 for around €70 and pick up a GTX1060 3GB for around €220 and that would run everything at 1080p high-ultra.

cool iv just ordered it so I'm happy enough now to wait for it lol

• Advertisement
Advertisement