Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

14" Carrera Cosmos Advice

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Zen0

Can he cycle without training wheels? If not, consider a balance bike. If he can, that bike's probably fine. The locals on this forum, myself included, can be a bit snooty about cheaper bikes, but for what your average four year old is going to be doing, it's probably fine. All of mine learned to cycle on cheap bikes. When they get older and they're using the bike to actually get places then bike quality starts to be more important.

Edit: The quoted weight off 6.2kg is not bad. Check the brakes, if they work reasonably well, it will be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

Zen0 wrote: »
    Can he cycle without training wheels? If not, consider a balance bike. If he can, that bike's probably fine. The locals on this forum, myself included, can be a bit snooty about cheaper bikes, but for what your average four year old is going to be doing, it's probably fine. All of mine learned to cycle on cheap bikes. When they get older and they're using the bike to actually get places then bike quality starts to be more important.

Edit: The quoted weight off 6.2kg is not bad. Check the brakes, if they work reasonably well, it will be fine.

Thanks for your reply. He's on a balance bike about 18 months so hopefully he can transition without any problems. The bike has been €170 on the website for the past month or so. Checked this weekend and its 30% off and still the same price. Queried it on the chat function and they were spouting some crap so gave up.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Thanks for your reply. He's on a balance bike about 18 months so hopefully he can transition without any problems. The bike has been €170 on the website for the past month or so. Checked this weekend and its 30% off and still the same price. Queried it on the chat function and they were spouting some crap so gave up.

Will a 14 inch be big enough for a 4 year old?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

My nearly 4 year old, rather small framed (95cm height), got an Islabikes Cnoc 16" last week and its just about right for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭A Law

I'll have to measure him so, I saw a height chart for the size bike you need in halfords so can check it against that. Thanks. How much did you pay for the islabike if you don't mind me asking?

• Advertisement
Advertisement