Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biomedical Science and then Medicine

Options
  • 16-10-2016 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey everyone, I'm currently in fifth year and want to study medicine. I don't have a third language for the LC, so that leaves me with some obstacles...
    I was thinking of studying Biomedical Science and then going into postgraduate medicine. How would I achieve this? Is it a good path to take?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Casualcontrol1

you would be better off trying medicine first round but if the HPAT or LC lets you down you could do BIO science and then do graduate medicine. there is no post grad for medicine. The grad med is 4 years and costs 15000 per year which you need to fund yourself and you need to sit the GAMSAT (similar to HPAT) to get in

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Lhxsjco

I would recommend taking up a langauge and repeating your leaving cert if nesessary, you only have one shot at getting 'free' college, for graduate medicine you would be talking 3000 a year for four years and the rest for your undergrad if your were not getting a grant and then 15000+ a year for graduate medicine

Advertisement