Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

content transfer question

Options
  • 16-10-2016 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

hi all,
    i am selling my standard xbox one and buying an xbox one slim, would anyone know if i can just move over my existing external usb 3 drive to the new console, or will it ask me to format again as i had to the first time on the standard xbox one, or is there a better way to do the job.
    many thankks in advance,
    apophis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Ronan

No, you can move it across, no need to format the external drive again.

If you have any games installed on internal memory you can move them to the external via manage game in the My game and apps section. That way you seamlessly move all you games across :)

I'd recommend you restore your old xbox one to default settings and remove games before selling.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭apophis

Ronan wrote: »
    No, you can move it across, no need to format the external drive again.

If you have any games installed on internal memory you can move them to the external via manage game in the My game and apps section. That way you seamlessly move all you games across :)

I'd recommend you restore your old xbox one to default settings and remove games before selling.

thanks Ronan, that gets me out of a spot man,
    apophis

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

Sorry I will be doing this shortly too. Does this transfer all of your game saves too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

j14 wrote: »
    Sorry I will be doing this shortly too. Does this transfer all of your game saves too?

Your saves are in the cloud.

Advertisement