Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croix de Fer mudguardians

Options
  • 16-10-2016 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭

Currently I have a set of standard and sks mudguards for my CDF which I have discovered since getting racks are cut too short to use with racks.

Also I found them fiddly and prone to small parts pinging off whenever I had to remove /refit them for trail riding.

Has anyone fitted raceblades (longs ideally) to a CDF?

Is there any othrt alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

Currently I have a set of standard and sks mudguards for my CDF which I have discovered since getting racks are cut too short to use with racks.

Also I found them fiddly and prone to small parts pinging off whenever I had to remove /refit them for trail riding.

Has anyone fitted raceblades (longs ideally) to a CDF?

Is there any othrt alternative?

Do you take them off for "trail riding" because you change the wheels/tyres for Knobbly ones? Or just because you are on that type of terrain? Mud/twig stuff.

I'm currently fitting a set of these SKS Bluemels 45mm to an Uber Winter bike, plan being that I "should" be able to switch beteen normal tyes (Conti 28mm) and knobbly (32mm) ones when I feel like it. With a bit of luck I should be able to fit Ice tyres too, if ever needed.

My life would have been a lot easier today if SKS bothered to update their online fitting instructions.

I'll have to finish them off tomorrow because I will need to get a proper set of "wire/steel" cutting tools at work, as a pliers are in no way able to snip off the extra bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,477 ✭✭✭rollingscone

I borrowed Alek's dremel although I now have a junior hacksaw and some clamps.

The 35mm knobblies fit fine but the guards get clogged and damaged

Advertisement