Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20k sitting in bank, could use it wisely but......

Options
  • 16-10-2016 5:01pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭

Like title says, have 20k sitting in bank and looking into buying something to sell online through eBay/donedeal/Facebook or other but mind blank on what would sell. Just something to make more money on rather than it sitting in bank doing nothing!

Any tips

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I would imagine if someone has something they can sell nice and easy online for a tidy profit they are going to be doing it themselves and won't want the extra competition!

For a hobby business it's best to stick to something you enjoy or else it will become a bit of a chore if you're working as well.

I used to buy and sell baseball cards I would buy them blind in bulk and spend hours sorting through them I used to love going through all the cards of random players from the 70s I had never heard of before! Even allowing for postage costs to and from America it was pretty profitable a decade ago lots of people doing it now though.

Given the time of year you could see if you can pick up some liquidation stock and sell that on?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 332 ✭✭mcneil

jimmii wrote: »
    I would imagine if someone has something they can sell nice and easy online for a tidy profit they are going to be doing it

edit

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

mcneil wrote: »
    jimmii wrote: »
    I would imagine if someone has something they can sell nice and easy online for a tidy profit they are going to be doing it

edit

?

Advertisement