Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WordPress plugin for closed Facebook Group

Options
  • 16-10-2016 6:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭

Is there a WordPress plugin that will allow me to display a feed from a closed Facebook Group.
    Ideally I have 10 groups/ page IDs to display on 10 website pages.
    Anything I've found requires me to have the group public which as it's a school we don't want to do.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭Talisman

I would think not with the latest API, it may have been possible in the past but privacy has been tightened up a bit.

Have a play with the Facebook Graph Explorer, you may find that it's possible to see the data with an older version of the API. If it is possible with an older API version then a plugin should be able to provide the data for a limited time - each version of the API is usable for two years following the release of the subsequent version of the API. According to the Graph API Changelog, v2.1 of the API is only supported until October 30th of this year so there's no point investigating back further than the v2.2 API.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Talisman wrote: »
    I would think not with the latest API, it may have been possible in the past but privacy has been tightened up a bit.

Have a play with the Facebook Graph Explorer, you may find that it's possible to see the data with an older version of the API. If it is possible with an older API version then a plugin should be able to provide the data for a limited time - each version of the API is usable for two years following the release of the subsequent version of the API. According to the Graph API Changelog, v2.1 of the API is only supported until October 30th of this year so there's no point investigating back further than the v2.2 API.

Thanks. I decided I could do a public group and lock down comments to need admin approval.

May as well wait till the end of the month with the update..does public open up my options?

Advertisement