Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sidi Adventure Gortex

• 16-10-2016 8:09pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Lads

Going to change my boots soon, they're comfortable but they leak like a mad thing damp toes and wet heels are not fun.

Looking at the Sidi Adventure Goretex.

Anyone got a pair or similar?

How do you find the comfort especially water proofness of them and grip

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Best boot I ever owned are the Alpinestars SMX-Plus, they are so good I bought 2 pairs one gore tex for winter and exact same boot minus the gore tex for summer. I have the goretex ones now for about 3 yrs and they are still like new even the soles are 90% really are uber good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,363 ✭✭✭gerrowadat

I have a pair. Comfort and waterproofness are top notch. They're big ****ers so I'd say try a pair on (megabikes have them). I wear mine in the wet, but often find myself going for the smaller pair of boots if it's dry or I'm wearing jeans.

Only thing I found is that breaking them in (and after) they squeak like you're torturing mice walking around. Actually had to squirt a bit of wd-40 into the moving parts a few times to sort it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,086 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Best boot I ever owned are the Alpinestars SMX-Plus, they are so good I bought 2 pairs one gore tex for winter and exact same boot minus the gore tex for summer. I have the goretex ones now for about 3 yrs and they are still like new even the soles are 90% really are uber good.

The 2 things i can see that would push me more towards the Sidi, is the side zipper on the alpines- more chance of water ingress.

Second the Sole on the Sidi are stiched on and can be replaced. I feed the moulded ones can tend to water if submerged.

But nice looking boot all the same.

There is ZERO chance of water ingress (unless faulty), as the foot is in a water proof goretex inner boot inside the boot if you will. Trust me I had these boots on for over 10 hours straight in torrential rain (leaving the house heading to the NW200 and it was 5am and absolutely lashing, it never stopped all day and I had to walk around up there and ride back home, flawless) and I was bone dry.

So even if the rain gets in the outer zipper its not getting into the separate gore tex inner boot.

I dont get the "submerging" of the sole but as I said I am in mine a hell of alot and walking around the road races all day and the soles are perfect. Sidi are a really nice boot too so its down to personal choice just my 2c.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Chisum

I bought a pair of sidi goretex boots about 18 months ago online size 9 my usual size there a very tight fit and I would say if buying try get 1/2 size bigger and they do squeak haven't tried Wd40 yet.
    Only ever got caught out in a downpour once with them and they did keep me dry they worked perfect.
    There a good boot but if I'm going out for a long spin maybe a bit of walking at the races or whatever, I always go for my older pair of Dainese
    I don't think I would buy another pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

I have alpinestars smx R boots (old version of the SMX PLUS I think) couldn't fault them. They're not waterproof versions but they have never let in even the tiniest amount wet

TCX boots get good reviews for bang for the buck. Not as good as Sidi or AS but they are a decent boot by all accounts....

Went with the Sidi in the end, too many good reviews of them over 5 years to turn down wanted to buy once and last a good few years so fk it and I like the styling

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭hondavfr

I have a pair of TCX infinity for a good few years now. I find them brilliant and my best boot so far, they are a high boot and very good in the wet. I used to wear SIDI but i find these fit me better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

listermint wrote: »
    Went with the Sidi in the end, too many good reviews of them over 5 years to turn down wanted to buy once and last a good few years so fk it and I like the styling

Stick up a quick first impression review when you get them I've been thinking about buying them as well
    Where and how much ?

• Advertisement

mamax wrote: »
    Stick up a quick first impression review when you get them I've been thinking about buying them as well
    Where and how much ?

Sportsbikeshop uk, now down to 249.99 Sterling Dollars. Hence my renewed interest in them. Was looking at them previously but they were well over 300

Sterling Dollars?!??!?!, I have monopoly money, what would that get me....:pac::pac:

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Sterling Dollars?!??!?!, I have monopoly money, what would that get me....:pac::pac:

You've never heard of sterling dollars.... It's the new mickey mouse money that's coming next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

I'd been searching for waterproof boots to suit a person with larger calves so I ordered these

Will let you know how they feel when I get them

So i said id come back after i got them and wore them about, Busy week winter prepping the bike. More AC50 new tyres clean and oil the chain. Fixed the USB charger.

So the boots this is them (not mine but a stock picture)

sidiadventuregore.jpg?mode=max&quality=90&scale=down

I received them last week to the office. Opened box.

First impressions far lighter than i had expected in my head. (which is good)
    The finish is fantastic, thread, leather, sole plastics, snaps. All great quality. Strong velcro hard snap quick releases (too hard the first try) :)

So i ordered EU 45 Size because im around a 10.5 UK. My football boots and trainers are 10 3/4 a tight fit in mainly Adidas style so i thought 45 would be about right.

Tried on the first boot, the snaps were tough to close very tough but i got them on first attempt etc. The boot felt nice but i just wasnt sure on the size. I had been wearing shoes before and the boot just felt like there was alot of space. So i sat at my desk thinking hmmm too big?

Then i put on the second one and walked up and down the office looking fabulous i might say for the colleagues and the second boot then kinda changed my mind, Space in the boot but not too much and very comfortable to walk on. My mind settled with the size.
    They are a big boot but they are very comfortable and feel substantial.

First ride out, put them on the boot is taller sole to foot than my RST's were so i was a bit worried about distance to clutch. Getting the lip under was cumbersome at first i had to adjust where my head was at with the new boots versus the RST. This did take some time.

First ride clutching was a bit of a relearn but i got there. The boots were grippy and felt clean on the pegs. They are warm and never once have felt cold. I havent been in rain yet but i just cant see how they will let wet in other reviews give them raving stats on waterproofness. So thats yet to be tested.

I am not a couple of hours into these boots and the clutching is spot on, The feel 'right' like my previous boots should have. In short i love them.

Would i buy them again? tomorrow! And they look the **** too

Advertisement