Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is this?

Options
  • 16-10-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

This started to appear in the garden over the past week and is rapidly growing everywhere. Anyone knows what it is? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,448 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Looks like daisy I think. I don't mind a few daisies in the lawn but mine is absolutely plagued with them at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Yeah. Daisy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i was going to be smart and say 'grass'.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭Czhornet

common plantain

• Registered Users Posts: 4,980 ✭✭✭Genghis Cant

I thought plantaine as well.

• Advertisement

I was tossing up between plaintain and daisy, but it doesn't seem to have the ribs that plantain has, though the rosette growth is similar. A better photo would help, but on balance I think it is daisy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Daisy, to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭Curious Geroge

What to do - spray, pick or leave it till next spring ?

Appreciate all the answers..

I don't know what the best reply is, but I went round mine and squibbed individual patches and plants with systemic weed killer, carefully avoiding the grass. They totally died(2 weeks) and I scraped the surface with a rake and sprinkled new grass seed. I will let you know how it goes :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

I just dug mine out many years ago and have never had one since.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,315 ✭✭✭blackbox

Spray with a lawn weedkiller. This will work for daisies or plantain. I use a hand sprayer and spray directly rather than spray the whole lawn.

Eek! I just walked down the garden after coming back from holiday a few days ago and I kinda see what the OP means. I have a flower bed absolutely full of young daisy plants, never seen them growing with such enthusiasm all in one place! They will have to be sorted!

Advertisement