Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday night pub for date

Options
  • 16-10-2016 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I've done a search but any threads I found were a couple of years old.

Any suggestions for a nice pub for a date on a Saturday night in Dub city centre. Both parties are in early 40's, looking for somewhere with a bit of character and atmosphere. But music not too loud. Cosy, and heck maybe a little romantic would be good too.

Traditional Irish in style maybe??

Any suggestions please? Open to any suggestions... Anyone gone on a any dates to a good pub recently?

Edit.
    Preferably south of the Liffey I think...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Gin Palace good spot

• Registered Users Posts: 28 fawdalong

Hmmm looks nice alright.

Should have said though - preferably South side of town I think

• Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭listermint

East Side Tavern just off Stephens Green. Lesson street corner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

The Library bar in the Central Hotel.

(East Side Tavern)
    Oh yes I know that one to see. What is it like on the inside?!

Only concern is it is a bit dead around there. Won't be crazy so could be leaving around 11 or so, not much of an atmosphere around there...

• Advertisement

Re. The Library bar - I've seen this mentioned a lot. What is it like on inside?? music/atmosphere?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Yintang

Neary's is always good, has a nice atmosphere in there, or I like Davy Byrne's too.

fawdalong wrote: »
    (East Side Tavern)
    Oh yes I know that one to see. What is it like on the inside?!

Only concern is it is a bit dead around there. Won't be crazy so could be leaving around 11 or so, not much of an atmosphere around there...

Inside is mix of trendy and shabby. It has a great cocktail menu. The staff are dressed well music isn't loud lighting is subtle and tables have candles also. They do food.

Dead around there? Well.. I suppose could construe that but you have lively Baggott Street 500 metres one way and on the same street lesson street the sugar club across the road and house 200 meters up the road.

Not exactly dead or the middle of no where. :)

Re. The Library bar - I've seen this mentioned a lot. What is it like on inside?? music/atmosphere?

Packed with tourists a bit load conversationay and interior is in need of revamp.

Not for a date at all no idea why it would be recommend it's a hotel bar but an older hotel.

What would you think of (upstairs) in Kehoe's St Anne Street?

• Advertisement

I can't quote :(

Yeah I guess that's the point I am making - the difference of stepping out onto buzzing Baggot St compared to quiet Leeson St at that time...

Sorry for being so picky. I am thinking maybe Baggot St might be good but for other reasons I'd prefer somewhere different.

Neary's or Davy Byrne's might be good alright...

Kehoes unless in early you'll get no seats. So. Standing. Personally not mad on upstairs. Prefer standing down or. Outside.

No your right to be picky but I'm not sure you've been to lesson street recently it's not dead or empty. If you wanted to go somewhere after House would be a good shout or to Baggott Street which is short short walk.

Camden exchange is another spot you could look up.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

What would you think of (upstairs) in Kehoe's St Anne Street?

This is not a good idea imo. The place is an institution but it's grotty. You'll also have basically the same problem you're worried about re. East Side Tavern.

I was going to say Camden St, there's plenty of atmosphere but might be a bit too hectic as the evening goes on.

Market Bar maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Buckfast W

The Palace Bar on Fleet street is nice, upstairs or down. Also Bowes is quite nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

Old Schoolhouse Hotel on Northumberland Rd / Mount St bridge, nice interior with quiet corners and mezzanine, nice food as well.

Advertisement