Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mugging/Stolen equipment

• 16-10-2016 9:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭

Two friends of mine were mugged last night in the Old Clare Street/Johns gate village area, one got beaten with a hammer after being knocked on the ground while the other was threatened with a knife.

Scumbags made off with iphone,wallet and laptop bag containing a 15.4 inch - 16g MacBook Pro, Korg Kaoss Dj controller, Hercules DG400DD laptop stand & 500g seagate external hard drive.

On the off chance that anyone is offered these for sale please contact the Gardai.

Hopefully these assholes will get caught, if they're willing to lay into someone with a hammer in a mugging there's a good chance they could kill someone.

Comments

echomadman wrote: »
    Two friends of mine were mugged last night in the Old Clare Street/Johns gate village area, one got beaten with a hammer after being knocked on the ground while the other was threatened with a knife.

Scumbags made off with iphone,wallet and laptop bag containing a 15.4 inch - 16g MacBook Pro, Korg Kaoss Dj controller, Hercules DG400DD laptop stand & 500g seagate external hard drive.

On the off chance that anyone is offered these for sale please contact the Gardai.

Hopefully these assholes will get caught, if they're willing to lay into someone with a hammer in a mugging there's a good chance they could kill someone.

Wow. Hope your friends are OK. Keep an eye on adverts, donedeal, the market etc. The scummy scrotes who attacked your friends probably have no idea what half of the equipment is. Hopefully they get caught. Suspended sentences because they had a shít upbringing/born into drugs/let down by the state is what might happen though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭celligraphy

Add the selling pages on Facebook if you can , more than likely that's what they 'll end up on after a week or two ... Also ring the mobile repair shops up town because that's also were they can end up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,670 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

echomadman wrote: »

i know apple have a 'find my device' function - does the macbook pro have it? Or any of the other devices?

I used it to find my own ipad a couple of years ago after losing my bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

I would keep an eye out for your stuff in those shops selling second hand mobiles/laptops etc. My sisters house got broken into a few months ago and her mac ended up in one of those shops on William street. They were able to prosecute the guy from the cctv footage of him selling it to the shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

"The defendants are truly sorry for their actions, and were not of sound mind at the time of the incident, as they were under pressure at home and on medication"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

That is desperate to hear, nightmare stuff there being attacked by a hammer, hope you catch the scum.

Advertisement