Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Everheard of Iberman 226 triathlon or ICan Grandia-Valencia

Options
  • 16-10-2016 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Has anyone heard of this race or done them...

Looking for an iron distance race next year and don't want to do Barcelona again.

Challenge Almere is my best option at the moment.

Majorca is still an unknown...

Not going to go beyond Europe.

Both these are in October in Spain...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

I just wanted to open a post similar to this one - I wanted to ask for any suggestions on Ironman distances outside of Ironman and Challenge. The only one I know is actually an Irish one, Hardman, and it probably wouldn't be my thing TBH so any other suggestions...

P.s. sorry, can't help about the above but will actually check them out so thanks! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

can't help on teh spainish races, but there are tons of non IM/challenge races, UK alone must be into double figures, castle series, Outlaw, there are a couple more in the cotswolds.

really depends what time of year you want, and if you want warmer conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭iAcesHigh

Warm (or warmish) in August would be perfect, July is acceptable...

I didn't know that Castle series does full distance, but I can see they actually have a full distance in Hever Castle on July 9 and I'll google about the other mentioned - thanks a mill! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

This should help

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭speedyj

I entered ICAN Gandia for 2015, and paid cancellation insurance. I have not been able to get them to pay the refund, despite them promising to do so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Bawnmore_Ent.

mossym wrote:
    really depends what time of year you want, and if you want warmer conditions.

Ideally want to do one around late Sept/Oct.
    I have a marathon in mid April so want to allow for recovery and a good block of tri training before I go Long.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,359 ✭✭✭peter kern

gandia was solid race in first year and it is a good location.
    the other race i dont know too much but seems a nice small scale race. i had looked into it last year.
    not sure if elbaman still runs great race ( not easy ) but a fantastic location. bit hard to get there but worth it if you plan to spend a week.
    cologne 226 begining of september would aslo be a good race and super easy to get to.

http://www.elbaman.it/default.asp so its still there
    Has anyone heard of this race or done them...

Looking for an iron distance race next year and don't want to do Barcelona again.

Challenge Almere is my best option at the moment.

Majorca is still an unknown...

Not going to go beyond Europe.

Both these are in October in Spain...

Advertisement