Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

BTEA Do I Qualify?

• 16-10-2016 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hiyas,

I'm just looking to see does anyone know if I would qualify for the BTEA.

I am currently employed, part time work and receiving part jobseekers, x's and o's if you like.

I have am Hons. Degree in Fine Art ( 2008 - 2012)

I want to go back next September and do the Higher National Diploma in Graphic Design at Ballyfermot College of Further Education.

CERTIFICATION:

HND in Visual Communications (Graphic Design)

This award is made by the UK awarding body BTEC Pearson and is not, at present, placed on the Irish National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
    A Higher National Diploma is recognised by the QQI as being comparable to the Higher Certificate at NFQ Level 6.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I don't think I can get the BTEA but not full sure either, I received a grant in the last two years of my degree (4 years in total) would I be eligible to get a grant? Probably not but that being said any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Pretty sure you dont but even if you did you would have to pay your own fees for the first year. Needs to be a 5 year gap between getting fees and grants.

Thats before i even read that the course is not even on the NFQ.

Sorry but zero chance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 GoodGersha

Thanks for your reply, long shot anyway! Ah well, I have the fee's saved up for the two years so I'll be grand that way, the rest will fall into place! thanks again :)

Advertisement