Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One Launch Day issue

Options
  • 16-10-2016 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭

Hi my Xbox launch day edition has stopped reading discs. I spent 3 hours on Microsoft support chat today and they couldn't resolve it. The machine sounds like it's grinding when you try to put a disc in it. If you turn the machine off and then back on it will read and play the first disc you put in it but that's it.

All Microsoft would say was to try my discs in a different xbox one and see will the other machine read the discs. If they do work then it's my xbox that has the issue. The solution to this is that I send my xbox off to Microsoft and they will repair it and charge me for it as the warranty is up.

Are there any known issues with the xbox one disc drives on older consoles?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

j14 wrote: »
    Hi my Xbox launch day edition has stopped reading discs. I spent 3 hours on Microsoft support chat today and they couldn't resolve it. The machine sounds like it's grinding when you try to put a disc in it. If you turn the machine off and then back on it will read and play the first disc you put in it but that's it.

All Microsoft would say was to try my discs in a different xbox one and see will the other machine read the discs. If they do work then it's my xbox that has the issue. The solution to this is that I send my xbox off to Microsoft and they will repair it and charge me for it as the warranty is up.

Are there any known issues with the xbox one disc drives on older consoles?

I've a launch day xbox one and had a similar issue with not reading discs.

What worked for me was to remove the disc and this time, lift the front of the console up an inch or so, then reinsert the disc till you hearing it booting up, worth a shot before sending it back to MS

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭j14

Thanos for the replies. I actually found that holding onto the disc as the machine trys to "suck" it in works. The game loads perfectly.

Any idea how much the repair costs? I might just buy a new console instead and sell this one with the fault (obviously I'd let the buyer know before hand)

Advertisement