Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rebuilding my Financial History

• 17-10-2016 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hey everyone!

I've just returned to Ireland after having worked abroad for several years. In that time, I've matured and would like to clean up a few financial mistakes I made but I need some advice on going about doing this.

Before leaving the auld sod, I was young and neglectful of my finances. Firstly it was in relation to an Ulster Bank credit card that I neglected repayments on for several years but this was rectified in 2011. Further to that are the following:

- ESB Bill of €365 (2011)
    - UPC Bill of €300 (after failing to give notification that I was leaving - 2012)
    - Provident Finance of €600 (I made many repayments but I can't remember exactly what I still owe - 2011)

I'd like to contact these institutions and resolve these matters, I'm aware they don't affect my ICB report but I'd feel better having paid what I owe. I am concerned, especially in respect of Provident, that contact would result in unwanted visitation to my personal address and possible harassment.

What advice would you give in this regard?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Contact your creditors and see what they say. Maybe by email if you want privacy.

Advertisement