Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heard nothing after background check, should I contact?

Options
  • 17-10-2016 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Going anon for this. Had an interview a couple of weeks ago. Heard back last week that I had passed the interview and had the job subject to a background check and credit check. Was told it should take about 24 hours and was given a possible start date of this Wednesday. I've heard nothing since. The background check had to be fine as I've had garda vetting for all my previous jobs. Should I contact them to see what's going on?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Spingly wrote: »
    Going anon for this. Had an interview a couple of weeks ago. Heard back last week that I had passed the interview and had the job subject to a background check and credit check. Was told it should take about 24 hours and was given a possible start date of this Wednesday. I've heard nothing since. The background check had to be fine as I've had garda vetting for all my previous jobs. Should I contact them to see what's going on?

I would.

Unproffesional and slack to be advised you have the position pending some routine checks, and still not have confirmation 48 hours ahead of your start date.

Advertisement