Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered Broadband, was never informed modem was to arrive the same week

Options
  • 17-10-2016 11:06am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi,

I ordered a broadband package from you guys last week. The whole term was pending an engineers arrival on 20th Oct to verify maximum speeds (I'm 100m away from 100mb cabinet but the site was telling me my max speed was only 17mbps).

I got a text Friday night that a package from Eir was due to arrive Saturday. I assume this is the modem. I wasn't informed the modem would arrive over the phone when I ordered broadband. I have not been at home this week at all.

I believe I'm forced to collect this modem now. I dont have a car to collect from a Nightline depot.

This is not the best start to an experience with Eir. I've switched from VM so I have high expectations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭PaddyWilliams

Hi,

I ordered a broadband package from you guys last week. The whole term was pending an engineers arrival on 20th Oct to verify maximum speeds (I'm 100m away from 100mb cabinet but the site was telling me my max speed was only 17mbps).

I got a text Friday night that a package from Eir was due to arrive Saturday. I assume this is the modem. I wasn't informed the modem would arrive over the phone when I ordered broadband. I have not been at home this week at all.

I believe I'm forced to collect this modem now. I dont have a car to collect from a Nightline depot.

This is not the best start to an experience with Eir. I've switched from VM so I have high expectations.

Best to drop those high expectations right down.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Well my train of thought is 'they can't be worse then VM' especially when it comes to customer communication. VM is downright awful. Took them over a week to sort a heavy packet loss issue despite plenty of evidence provided by end users from the getgo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch and I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Modems would be delivered to customers via courier and if you are not available at your home address to collect it we would recommend requesting to have the modem delivered to a more suitable address. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will be able to request to have nightline deliver the modem to an alternative address, have you received your track & trace number?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch and I'm so sorry to hear you feel this way. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Modems would be delivered to customers via courier and if you are not available at your home address to collect it we would recommend requesting to have the modem delivered to a more suitable address. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]You will be able to request to have nightline deliver the modem to an alternative address, have you received your track & trace number?[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Yes I got the tracking number. As I said I wasnt in the house last week at all and I wasn't informed over the phone that the modem would arrive. I got the text literally the night before the package would come out to my house.

I got left a docket so I assume its now in a depot which I have no means of travel to go and collect it.

Thanks,
    Alan

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Yes I got the tracking number. As I said I wasnt in the house last week at all and I wasn't informed over the phone that the modem would arrive. I got the text literally the night before the package would come out to my house.

I got left a docket so I assume its now in a depot which I have no means of travel to go and collect it.

Thanks,
    Alan
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'll have this flagged with the sales team Alan. I would recommend contacting nightline and arranging for the modem to be delivered to you or a more convenient address.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela[/font]

• Advertisement

Courier done a redelivery after I rang them this afternoon. It's at my neighbours now. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Well my train of thought is 'they can't be worse then VM' especially when it comes to customer communication. VM is downright awful. Took them over a week to sort a heavy packet loss issue despite plenty of evidence provided by end users from the getgo.
    Oh, you have no idea.

Eir are ten times worse.

Courier done a redelivery after I rang them this afternoon. It's at my neighbours now. Thanks.
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]That's great to hear [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]cherryghost.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for the update. :) [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Advertisement