Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help needed! Any ideas on a C2B business model within the car industry?

• 17-10-2016 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi All,
    Working on an assignment and stuck on a consumer to business model within the car industry.
    Anyone out there that has ideas on it?
    For example: iStockPhoto is a massive example of a c2b business model that exists today but obviously not in the motor industry so would need ideas on something similar...
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Is the trading of a used car in part exchange considered a consumer to business transaction, or does C2B have to be social media buzzwords?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭IrishZeus

Consumers are never going to supply cars to business so if I were you, I would look at anciallary activities they can carry out.

User content would be one aspect you could explore whereby consumers write reviews of particular brands/models etc. and these are then adopted by the business as part of their sales pitches/branding promotions/customer experience etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

A website set up to trade stock photography of cars... You could have photographers submit their photos and sell them on with limited use applications to various motoring businesses...

I don't think anything like it has ever ever been done before in the B2B motoring sector.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭traco

Sole traders doing van decals, towbars, valet services, dent removal services. Many garages using external services for these type of things but not sure if that's too niche or limited.

On a mass scale - I'm not sure what consumers could sell to the motortrade apart from personal info, usage, mileage. User profile of model usage type thing?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

A cop-operative website set up by customers where garages can tender for straight deal prices on specific models.

Example: I want a Ford Mondeo 1.5 TDCI Zetec in red

Ford garages tender a price, whoever is lowest wins.

You want a Toyota Corolla 1.4 Terra in white including a towbar.

Etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

IrishZeus wrote: »
    Consumers are never going to supply cars to business...

Again, is that not exactly what is happening when a car is traded in...?

Again, is that not exactly what is happening when a car is traded in...?

To my mind, not reallly no, its part of a larger B2C transaction in which the dealer stands to profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Bayog

Thanks all for your ideas.
    I dont think however any of these are in existance accept for Sole traders doing van decals, towbars, valet services, dent removal services comment by Traco?

Bayog wrote: »
    Thanks all for your ideas.
    I dont think however any of these are in existance accept for Sole traders doing van decals, towbars, valet services, dent removal services comment by Traco?

You never mentioned that it had to be in existence - I read it that you were looking to build a model around a new type of business.

Advertisement