If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

new TV recommendation

Options
  • 17-10-2016 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

hi there,
    I am looking for a recommendation for a new TV for our living room, we had a 32inch one there before, and have moved this into the play room for the games consoles for the children. Our thoughts are probably 40inch, the room is long, and the sofa is circ 2-3m from were the TV would be, smart TVso we can use fr watching Netflix etc. but what else should we consider ?

We were thinking about the 40in Samsung Curved TV,  Sony Bravia or an similar LG model, but model but what would you recommend we look at ? also would we need to invest in a sound bar,

Tanks for any advice.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

cloughy wrote: »
    hi there,
    I am looking for a recommendation for a new TV for our living room, we had a 32inch one there before, and have moved this into the play room for the games consoles for the children. Our thoughts are probably 40inch, the room is long, and the sofa is circ 2-3m from were the TV would be, smart TVso we can use fr watching Netflix etc. but what else should we consider ?

We were thinking about the 40in Samsung Curved TV,  Sony Bravia or an similar LG model, but model but what would you recommend we look at ? also would we need to invest in a sound bar,

Tanks for any advice.
    Hi Cloughy,

Thanks for the post & the opportunity to advise & quote :)

If you were thinking of going for Sammy 40" curved and you wanted a decent TV without completely busting the budget then the obvious option is the UE43KU6500:

http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202104-ue43ku6500.aspx

The UE43KU6500 is currently £619 / €799 - its a really excellent spec of TV and includes Freesat HD satellite tuner and its a 4K Ultra HD TV with HDR - really top spec.

If you wanted to add an excellent Sound-Bar them we would highly recommend the Q Acoustics Media 4 which is currently £329 / €345 and sounds completely A W E S O M E!
    http://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review

If you went for the Samsung UE43KU6500 with the Q Acoustics Media 4 soundbar the normal retail is £948 - we can do the bundle on a Boardie special at just £899 including shipping.

If you were happy with a Flat rather than a curved screen then I'd recommend the superb Panasonic TX40DX700 - this is a really excellent TV and you just have to look at it to see its been really well built and of course the picture quality is really superb - its currently £599 / €759 - check it out here:
    http://www.richersounds.ie/p-201897-viera-tx40dx700b.aspx

Again if you wanted a Boardie combo deal, then the normal price of the TX40DX700 / Q Acoustics Media 4 is £928 - we can do it at just £859 including shipping and of course our pricing includes our 6 year TV warranty!

Thanks again and don't hesitate to drop me a line if we can assist in any way or of course if you would like to order just drop me a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and we will contact you to arrange a delivery. 

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭cloughy

hi there,

Tanks for any advice.
    thanks for the speedy reply, can you advise what is the width of the base and the TV as it will be positioned on a TV unit I have so want to make sure that it is not too wide for the unit,

also if we wanted 40inch, what would be the relevant prices, and which one would you recommend ?

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

hi there,

Tanks for any advice.
    thanks for the speedy reply, can you advise what is the width of the base and the TV as it will be positioned on a TV unit I have so want to make sure that it is not too wide for the unit,

also if we wanted 40inch, what would be the relevant prices, and which one would you recommend ?
    Hi Cloughy,

For the 43KU6500 the stand dimensions are approx 670mm by 264mm. The TV overall is 965mm wide

If you wanted a 40" curved, the only one available is the Samsung UE40K6300- http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202071-ue40k6300.aspx at £399  but this is an instore only model, and not available for shipping

Cheers
    Brian

John,

was looking at the Hisense 40M3300, and would welcome your thoughts on this TV, we don't have much in terms of multi-media to hook up,will primarily be used for watching TV, Sports etc. and like the idea of being able to record onto USD, HardDrive, what do you think ? is it worth the investment or should we look at something better?

John,

was looking at the Hisense 40M3300, and would welcome your thoughts on this TV, we don't have much in terms of multi-media to hook up,will primarily be used for watching TV, Sports etc. and like the idea of being able to record onto USD, HardDrive, what do you think ? is it worth the investment or should we look at something better?
    HI Cloughy,

Yea the Hisense 40m33 is a great TV for the money, impressive for a 4k TV at £349. There are better 4k TVs, but of course they are more expensive
    If you were looking for a good 4k on a budget, you could also look at the LG 43" - http://www.richersounds.ie/p-202276-43quot-4k-smart-tv.aspx at £449 which is probably worth the extra money, as it would have a better refresh rate than the Hisense

Regards
    Brian

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭coxy123

Hi John,

How does the Media 4 compare with Yamaha soundbar's - I'm thinking  YAS-105 or a step up to YAS-306?

"If you wanted to add an excellent Sound-Bar them we would highly recommend the Q Acoustics Media 4 which is currently £329 / €345 and sounds completely A W E S O M E!"

Thanks.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

coxy123 wrote: »
    Hi John,

How does the Media 4 compare with Yamaha soundbar's - I'm thinking  YAS-105 or a step up to YAS-306?

"If you wanted to add an excellent Sound-Bar them we would highly recommend the Q Acoustics Media 4 which is currently £329 / €345 and sounds completely A W E S O M E!"

Thanks.
    Hey Coxy123.

In my opinion the M4 is a fantastic sounding soundbar!

We have had one running in our store for a long time and any one who hears in is very impressed!
    It would be more like the Yamaha 1600 but again in my opinion better yet.

They had been 5 star reviewed in What HiFi.
    http://www.whathifi.com/q-acoustics/media-4/review

Any questions please let me know.

guys,

still doing research, but from the following few which would you recommend based on value for money for what we want, Sony WD653BU, Samsung K6300/U600, Panasonic DX600B. We want a 40inch, smart TV, not that pushed for 4K, but want to be able to record onto a USB/Harddrive, Freetime etc.

If possible available for delivery, but if not what have you in stock in Belfast as planning on going up north on Monday, otherwise looking at Samsung K6300 in Argos in Newry for £399 (Argos - 5281879)

and a samsung HW-J250 for £80 unless you can come-up with something special.

Would consider a display/open boxed model outside of the above, if it was good deal, 

Thanks,

guys,

still doing research, but from the following few which would you recommend based on value for money for what we want, Sony WD653BU, Samsung K6300/U600, Panasonic DX600B. We want a 40inch, smart TV, not that pushed for 4K, but want to be able to record onto a USB/Harddrive, Freetime etc.

If possible available for delivery, but if not what have you in stock in Belfast as planning on going up north on Monday, otherwise looking at Samsung K6300 in Argos in Newry for £399 (Argos - 5281879)

and a samsung HW-J250 for £80 unless you can come-up with something special.

Would consider a display/open boxed model outside of the above, if it was good deal, 

Thanks,
    Replying to your PM there now cloughy

Brian,

I sent you a PM about the TV/Soundbar, can you reply when you have a chance,

Delivery was efficient, and happy with the TV so far, hopefully can resolve the few niggles.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Brian,

Delivery was efficient, and happy with the TV so far, hopefully can resolve the few niggles.
    Hi Cloughy.

Apologies for the delay.

I've gave him a kick and he will be back to you very soon :)

Brian,

Sorry Cloughy, have replied to your PM

Brian

it looks to me like the Samsung Smart TV does not support Samsung Sound share, which means the sounder won't work via bluetooth unless I am doing something wrong.

Thats a pit as wouldn't have went for a wireless soundbar if I had known I needed a cable to get it to work, or might have looked at alternative TV's that would support wireless soundbar.

Any other options, or am I doing something wrong, as on the menu of the TV under sound I cat seem to be able to add a new device the soundbar.

it looks to me like the Samsung Smart TV does not support Samsung Sound share, which means the sounder won't work via bluetooth unless I am doing something wrong.

Thats a pit as wouldn't have went for a wireless soundbar if I had known I needed a cable to get it to work, or might have looked at alternative TV's that would support wireless soundbar.

Any other options, or am I doing something wrong, as on the menu of the TV under sound I cat seem to be able to add a new device the soundbar.

HI Cloughy,

On having a good search, I'm doubting that the 6020 does have the sound connect option unfortunately.
    The only other option I have seen is that some people had issues connecting, until they did a reset of the soundbar. If you hold the play button for 10 seconds that should reset it

Brian

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.