Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best entry pod machine

• 17-10-2016 1:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭

I'd quite like a Nespresso-esque machine for my home office. It'd mostly only be for espresso and americanos but if it also handled a mocha from time to time, that'd be a bonus.

What machines are recommended? Budget wise, €80 is the limit and ideally less. Also, best pod recommendations are welcome too.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

I got the Nespresso Pixie offer a little while back

Pixie machine plus Aeroccino3 plus 150 capsules for 129 or something

But the Pixie on it's own seems to be still going for €74 on it's own

https://www.nespresso.com/ie/en/order/machines/pixie-electric-titan-coffee-machine?icid=MOS_UKen_Menu_Machines_PosD1

The special offer might still work out as better value. And no complaints about the machine so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,122 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Just going to bump this as I'm looking at these again!

What do you guys recommend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I have a Dolce Gusto, they're usually on sale somewhere, in fact Debenhams have had then on sale at times for €50 or thereabouts. I can't really compare them against anything else, but tbh the one I have is grand and the pods are available in all the major supermarkets. I know there are fancier ones out there, but you did say entry level :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Entry level Nespresso for €60 here.
    (55 + 5quid delivery)

A good few places had them for 50 or 60 during the Jan sales, so you just missed it in many of the bricks and mortar stores. They all seem to have these for 80-100 quid now.

http://electrocity.ie/krups-nespresso-inissa-coffee-machine-in-white-xn100140/

https://pricespy.ie/product.php?p=2538914

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

the nespresso are okay, but i find the lavazza machines you can get in brown thomas way nicer as far as pods go. less places stock the pods, but the coffee is much nicer from them

• Advertisement

Yeah, I made a serious error not picking one up last month as they were all about €53 and are now double that :(

I'll keep an eye out for an Inissa at a reasonable price. Not in a mad panic or flush with cash, so I can wait for the price to drop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Tesco had rakes of DG machines at €50 with €12 worth of free pods quite recently.

DG is decent but no 3rd party market like Nespresso.

Yeah, I made a serious error not picking one up last month as they were all about €53 and are now double that :(

I'll keep an eye out for an Inissa at a reasonable price. Not in a mad panic or flush with cash, so I can wait for the price to drop.

Ironically, checked Amazon today and the Inissia is on offer for £49.99! So grabbed one. Can't wait to get it :)

Advertisement