Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at Holles Street

Options
  • 17-10-2016 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭

Probably overthinking this, but of you are going to Holles street and its rush hour (particularly in the morning) I assume parking on the square will be busy and you certainly wouldn't be in a fit state to walk too far.... Can you partner drop you off at the door of Holles street and go find parking, or is there some sort of drop off place?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭Always number 1

Beanybabog wrote: »
    Probably overthinking this, but of you are going to Holles street and its rush hour (particularly in the morning) I assume parking on the square will be busy and you certainly wouldn't be in a fit state to walk too far.... Can you partner drop you off at the door of Holles street and go find parking, or is there some sort of drop off place?

Hiya, your partner can pull up at the door and put on the hazard lights until you're safely in the hands of a nurse or doc but he will have to move it fairly sharpish.

It would be no harm to sign up to parking tag so the parking can be topped up without him leaving the hospital (he may have to leave the room depending on what equipment is in use)
    We were warned by the midwife in the antenatal classes that if you park on Merrion Square (or anywhere else with paid parking) and your parking expires you will be clamped and even if you get a letter from the hospital to prove you were there, it does not guarantee a successful appeal.

Good luck xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

Hiya, your partner can pull up at the door and put on the hazard lights until you're safely in the hands of a nurse or doc but he will have to move it fairly sharpish.

Thanks a mil. I was thinking that and was hoping that you would get leeway parking up with the Hazards on - I couldn't imagine being in labour and having to walk down from Baggot Street or where ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Love2love

If you manage to get there at outside the rush hour traffic, parking on Hogan Place (resident side only) is free. The spots normally go sharpish in the morning but if you are coming down that way, it's handy to know that you don't have to rush back for pay and display

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

We always park on Holles Row, we have always got a space there, it's about 90 seconds walk to the door, and we use the park tag app

Advertisement