Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awaiting some information on an approved loan. Getting no where

Options
  • 17-10-2016 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Has anyone recently taken a personal loan out with BOI? I applied 8 days ago online and am getting varying information from various people I speak to in the 365 lending department.

I applied online for a personal student loan 8 days ago for €5000. I was phoned the following day, Monday in order to get further info for the application. In the end they need a parent to be a guarantor on the loan, which was fine. I was told I'd get a call back within 24 hours letting me know if the loan had been approved. I didn't hear anything back Tuesday, nor Wednesday. 

I tried calling on Wednesday just to the general BOI customer care number and spent 40 minutes on hold without speaking to a single person. Decided to hang up and try again the next day. Again spent half an hour on hold before I got through to someone. The loan application had been accepted but required some amendments- although no attempt to make me aware of this fact was made. Basically they were happier to give me a little less than what I'd applied for over a longer period, fine, I'll take it. I was told by that guy I had to appear in branch with whichever of my parents was a guarantor and 6 months statements from my PTSB (primary) account.

I phoned this morning to find the loan hadn't been fully approved and that I had to await an email which she would send there to me detailing what I have to do next. 4 hours later, still no email so I phone again and I'm told it can take up to 24 hours for an email to go out?? 

Basically my issue here is I have no idea when I can expect to receive the cash from the loan and every time I speak to someone in your call center I'm instructed and advised of different things. I understand lending is a complex process but I'd just like some clarification on when I can expect this process to be completed and when I can appear in branch to sign relevant documents, have my mother sign off and produce my statements.

I am currently purchasing a car with the loan and have a deposit down on it until Wednesday. I was lead to believe this entire process would be sorted in a matter of days. I have received no correspondence from anyone in BOI apart from the phone call received the day after the application was made. I just want to know where I stand and how long this is all going to take.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Evie

Has anyone recently taken a personal loan out with BOI? I applied 8 days ago online and am getting varying information from various people I speak to in the 365 lending department.

I applied online for a personal student loan 8 days ago for €5000. I was phoned the following day, Monday in order to get further info for the application. In the end they need a parent to be a guarantor on the loan, which was fine. I was told I'd get a call back within 24 hours letting me know if the loan had been approved. I didn't hear anything back Tuesday, nor Wednesday. 

I tried calling on Wednesday just to the general BOI customer care number and spent 40 minutes on hold without speaking to a single person. Decided to hang up and try again the next day. Again spent half an hour on hold before I got through to someone. The loan application had been accepted but required some amendments- although no attempt to make me aware of this fact was made. Basically they were happier to give me a little less than what I'd applied for over a longer period, fine, I'll take it. I was told by that guy I had to appear in branch with whichever of my parents was a guarantor and 6 months statements from my PTSB (primary) account.

I phoned this morning to find the loan hadn't been fully approved and that I had to await an email which she would send there to me detailing what I have to do next. 4 hours later, still no email so I phone again and I'm told it can take up to 24 hours for an email to go out?? 

Basically my issue here is I have no idea when I can expect to receive the cash from the loan and every time I speak to someone in your call center I'm instructed and advised of different things. I understand lending is a complex process but I'd just like some clarification on when I can expect this process to be completed and when I can appear in branch to sign relevant documents, have my mother sign off and produce my statements.

I am currently purchasing a car with the loan and have a deposit down on it until Wednesday. I was lead to believe this entire process would be sorted in a matter of days. I have received no correspondence from anyone in BOI apart from the phone call received the day after the application was made. I just want to know where I stand and how long this is all going to take.
    Good Afternoon piratezilla,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, we would like to help resolve your query Can you send us a PM with your name, the first line of your address and contact number and we will arrange for someone to call you and go through this with you.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 piratezilla

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie, we would like to help resolve your query Can you send us a PM with your name, the first line of your address and contact number and we will arrange for someone to call you and go through this with you.

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Hi Evie,

When I hover my cursor over your name I get a drop down menu, I then click "Send a private message" which brings me to an error page with the following message:

"Bank of Ireland: Evie has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Evie from the recipient list and send the message again."

Is there some other way you can advise for me to send you a PM?

Thanks,

piratezilla

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Hi Evie,

When I hover my cursor over your name I get a drop down menu, I then click "Send a private message" which brings me to an error page with the following message:

"Bank of Ireland: Evie has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Bank of Ireland: Evie from the recipient list and send the message again."

Thanks,

piratezilla
    Hi Piratezilla,

Just click on the link below my name here to send a DM. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Hi Evie,

Thanks,

piratezilla
    Hi Piratezilla,

Just click on the link below my name here to send a DM. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Hi Evie,

Had to go to your profile to see:

"Please click here if requested to send a Private Message"

Wrote and sent a message. Has it been received. Still yet to hear back from anyone.

Thanks,

piratezilla

Still not a peep. Totally in the dark here. Not happy with customer service whatsoever.

• Advertisement

Still not a peep. Totally in the dark here. Not happy with customer service whatsoever.
    Hi, 

I am sorry you haven't heard back from our lending department, I have forwarded your details to them and request this. They will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Still not heard a word from anyone. Called today and was told I wasn't to expect an email but go into a branch and that someone will call me back. As if someone in BOI would ever pick up the phone to ring...

Hi, 

I am sorry you haven't heard back from our lending department, I have forwarded your details to them and request this. They will be in touch as soon as possible.

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Decided to phone the Walkinstown branch and see if I could speak to someone. Got through to someone in there who put my on hold for a period. They then transferred me to an Abigail's voicemail. I then phoned the branch again and got through to a Sarah who gave me the number of a Caroline to phone within the branch. Straight to voicemail on that call as well and the message told me to ring a Tara and gave me another number. Called that, again straight to voicemail.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME WITH LITERALLY ANY OUNCE OF INFORMATION ON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!??!?!?!??!

Hi, 

Thanks, 
    Evie 
    Decided to phone the Walkinstown branch and see if I could speak to someone. Got through to someone in there who put my on hold for a period. They then transferred me to an Abigail's voicemail. I then phoned the branch again and got through to a Sarah who gave me the number of a Caroline to phone within the branch. Straight to voicemail on that call as well and the message told me to ring a Tara and gave me another number. Called that, again straight to voicemail.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE CALL ME WITH LITERALLY ANY OUNCE OF INFORMATION ON WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?!??!?!?!??!

I am sorry for your experience in relation to this, we are aware that your query has since been resolved. Again, my sincere apologies for this. If you need anything in future please let us know here. 

Thanks, 

Evie

Eventually decided to just walk into the Walkinstown branch. Management of lending department got onto me while en route to branch who advised the branch manager of the issue. Once I got into the branch the issue was dealt with by the branch manager David and lender Caroline right away. Happy now this is finally sorted. Received courtesy calls from management staff following to apologise.

• Advertisement

Eventually decided to just walk into the Walkinstown branch. Management of lending department got onto me while en route to branch who advised the branch manager of the issue. Once I got into the branch the issue was dealt with by the branch manager David and lender Caroline right away. Happy now this is finally sorted. Received courtesy calls from management staff following to apologise.
    Hi piratezilla,

I apologise this took so long to resolve, but I am glad to hear it has since been sorted. Please let us know if you need anything else in the future and we will be happy to assist. 

Thanks, 
    Evie 

Advertisement