Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G/4G Issues

Options
  • 17-10-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is there a problem with eir mobile's cellular network recently? I seem to be no longer getting 4G coverage and 3G keeps slipping to the dreaded "E".

I've mainly encountered this problem in the south-west but coverage seems to be even worse in the midlands.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Eir: Pamela

Tim76 wrote: »
    Hi,

Is there a problem with eir mobile's cellular network recently? I seem to be no longer getting 4G coverage and 3G keeps slipping to the dreaded "E".

I've mainly encountered this problem in the south-west but coverage seems to be even worse in the midlands.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Hi [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks for getting in touch. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, have you been able to connect to 3G or 4G in any areas?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Thanks,[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Pamela [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Tim76

Hi,

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I'm sorry to hear this, have you been able to connect to 3G or 4G in any areas?[/font]

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your reply. I can connect to 4G intermittently. However a lot of areas where I was always getting 4G, I can now only receive 3G.

Areas where I was only getting 3G previously I am now only getting "E". If I turn airplane mode on & off a couple of times it will sometimes reestablish a 3G connection but this is a pain.

I wasn't having this problem before with eMobile. A few friends that I've talked to are having the same issues also.

Regards,

Tim

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What phone have you got and what locality are you in?

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for your reply. I can connect to 4G intermittently. However a lot of areas where I was always getting 4G, I can now only receive 3G.

Areas where I was only getting 3G previously I am now only getting "E". If I turn airplane mode on & off a couple of times it will sometimes reestablish a 3G connection but this is a pain.

I wasn't having this problem before with eMobile. A few friends that I've talked to are having the same issues also.

Regards,

Tim
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]What areas is this in?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you changed your handset or plan recently?[/font]

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76.[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]What areas is this in?[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Have you changed your handset or plan recently?[/font]

I'm in the Limerick area. I've been using the same handset/plan for the past 2 years. Problems occurring in the past month or so.

• Advertisement

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

I'm in the Limerick area. I've been using the same handset/plan for the past 2 years. Problems occurring in the past month or so.
    What area in Limerick are you in  Tim76?

- Pamela 

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know how that goes. [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]-Pamela [/font]

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]No problem [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76,[/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif] try doing a location update on the device. Switch the phone to flight mode for ten minutes and restart it. Let me know how that goes. [/font]

I have to toggle to flight mode everyday to try and get the phone off E and on to 3G/4G. That's reason I'm on this forum.

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City

I have to toggle to flight mode everyday to try and get the phone off E and on to 3G/4G. That's reason I'm on this forum.

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try the sim in a different handset Tim76? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would need to rule out a handset issue, if you are still experiencing issues after this I would recommend replacing your sim.[/font]

• Advertisement

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Can you try the sim in a different handset Tim76? [/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]We would need to rule out a handset issue, if you are still experiencing issues after this I would recommend replacing your sim.[/font]

This seems to be a problem with a number of eMobile customers that I have spoken to in the area. Could it be a network issue by any chance?

Hi,

Hi Pamela,

Regards,

Tim

- Pamela 
    City

This seems to be a problem with a number of eMobile customers that I have spoken to in the area. Could it be a network issue by any chance?

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]I've checked this with our mobile tech team [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]Tim76 [/font][font=Verdana, sans-serif]& there are no reported issues in this area. Can you try the handset testing & let me know how it goes?[/font]

On a separate matter, m[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]y current 24 month contract is due to expire this month.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you can offer me instead of the existing contract and if the phone is now unlocked and I am free to switch to another service provider for a better deal?[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭eir: Stacey

On a separate matter, m[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]y current 24 month contract is due to expire this month.[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]What you can offer me instead of the existing contract and if the phone is now unlocked and I am free to switch to another service provider for a better deal?[/font]

[font=Calibri, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    Hi Tim76,

For the best support on this, I would recommend contacting the care team on 1800690000 & they would be more than happy to run through your options etc. 

- Stacey

Advertisement