Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hob repair in rented acc

Options
  • 17-10-2016 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Live in a rented house and had this weekend an little accident
    Was in the kitchen buzzy with the dog her dinner
    she jumped up and I let drop a tin of dogfood on the sheet of glass on de ceramic hob and it did break
    my girlfriend says its the problem of the landlord but I think its my fault so its my problem
    so do I have to buy a new one and let it replace or has the landlord to do that

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

You broke it, you need to fix it.

The LL only pays reasonable wear and tear,not for your accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

You need to inform the landlord of the accident. He can then get it repaired and will look for the money from you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Live in a rented house and had this weekend an little accident
    Was in the kitchen buzzy with the dog her dinner
    she jumped up and I let drop a tin of dogfood on the sheet of glass on de ceramic hob and it did break
    my girlfriend says its the problem of the landlord but I think its my fault so its my problem
    so do I have to buy a new one and let it replace or has the landlord to do that

You had an accident that caused the breakage, You must replace or repair it.
    Most decent landlords will allow a similar replacement by yourself.

Check Adverts, you may even get a better one there and the landlord wont mind, offer to give him the receipt for his accounting.

Advertisement