Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options
  • 17-10-2016 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    New homes were launched in Adamstown, Lucan - Alderlie by castlehorn homes.
    I put a deposit for 4 bed mid-terrace.
    houses lookd fine. close to train station and schools.
    with the new connectivity to GCD coming soon, it will help lot of commuters.

Anyone bought there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Know a few who put a booking deposit down, buy they are looking elsewhere also so they may release them to others on a waiting list.

The houses are well built, some of the house types are quirky layouts but that's common in new developments nowadays.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Ended up putting a deposit down myself. Love the show houses and living nearby so happy with the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Ended up putting a deposit down myself. Love the show houses and living nearby so happy with the area.

How is that area?

I drove through Adamstown by mistake once from Lucan and I didn't see much of anything about there other than houses and apartments.

machalla wrote: »
    How is that area?

I drove through Adamstown by mistake once from Lucan and I didn't see much of anything about there other than houses and apartments.

I guess you could say that about almost anywhere in Dublin.
    Lucan, Castleknock, Blanchardstown are all more heavily populated areas with areas that are mostly just housing.

Adamstown seems small in comparison, at least at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

I reckon Adamstown took a big hit during the recession. Without the continuing investment, the ancillary services have not materialised as planned. I would expect this to change and there to be much more investment in the next decade so definitely a long term housing choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

for commuters - Adamstown to GCD train - not yet confirmed..
    http://www.irishrail.ie/media/00a_-_heuston_2016_draft.pdf

machalla wrote: »
    How is that area?

It's a nice area to live in. It's quiet, never seen anything you could call anti-social. Plenty of young families around and for the most part the kids and teenagers are quite nice. There are 2 primary schools and a secondary school in Adamstown itself, along with the 25B and 25D bus routes which go from the train station into town.

It's a very diverse area, that's common now especially among any of the newer developments.

There are nice parks nearby where we walk the dog everyday.

On the negative side, there's only a Londis and a Pizzeria in Adamstown itself. Just across the road from Adamstown there is a Spar, pub, bookies, Chinese in a small shopping complex called Finnstown shopping centre. Just a little further than that(2 minute drive, 15-20 minute walk) there is Lucan shopping centre with Super Valu, Dunnes, McDonalds, Starbucks. There's also a Lidl a short drive away near Foxborough in Lucan.

I've been living in Adamstown for about 2 and a half years now and I always thought of it as living in Lucan. I grew up in Leixlip which is the next town over so am familiar with the whole area.

All in all, perfectly happy to buy here!

rang up today to ask if the builder allow any modifications - and the estate agent said - strictly no modifications allowed - minor and major :-(

rang up today to ask if the builder allow any modifications - and the estate agent said - strictly no modifications allowed - minor and major :-(

I've heard of other developers allowing modifications to Kitchen layouts, and also to give the option of whether there is a double door between the kitchen and living room. It would seem the lack of competition in the market is now taking full effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Blog28

Hi there,

Does anyone know how much the 2bed were going for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I'm waiting on the second phase in February. I've heard that prices will go up. Does anyone know the new prices? Also, any ideas of how much management fees are likely to be?

izzyflusky wrote: »
    I'm waiting on the second phase in February. I've heard that prices will go up. Does anyone know the new prices? Also, any ideas of how much management fees are likely to be?

I have no idea how much the new phase will be going for. Phase 1 started from 270k for 3 beds and sold very quickly so I would imagine you can expect a jump from that.

Management fees are coming in at around 650 euro and include refuse charges. Fairly high for houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭maupat

Also wondering what price the two bed houses will be...?

Have all houses in phase 1 sold out already?

Thanks

maupat wrote: »
    Also wondering what price the two bed houses will be...?

Have all houses in phase 1 sold out already?

Thanks

Yes - all are sold out.
    the cancellations are given to few who were on waitinglist.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

Hi guys, I am also waiting for phase 2.
    Anyone knows when the show rooms will be available? And when houses will be ready to live in?
    And for those who bought in phase 1, can you tell me what's included in the price (e.g. agent fee? vat? furnitures?)?

Thank you!

sharkufc wrote: »
    Hi guys, I am also waiting for phase 2.
    Anyone knows when the show rooms will be available? And when houses will be ready to live in?
    And for those who bought in phase 1, can you tell me what's included in the price (e.g. agent fee? vat? furnitures?)?

Thank you!

As far as I am aware, phase 2 will go on sale next month and will be ready in September/October. I've heard that prices will be higher too... But not from the agent so not sure.

thank you! do you have some details on how it works with price/furniture as well?

I have a brochure from phase 1. I think it included tiled bathrooms and that's it. Unless you buy a show home I suppose.

thank you! do you have some details on how it works with price/furniture as well?

The house interior is painted in colour of your choosing.

Dishwasher, washer/dryer, fridge freezer included if you sign contracts within 28 days of issue.

Kitchen cabinets fitted.

Fitted wardrobes in the bedrooms.

Pulldown stairs to attic.

thank you guys, so as far as I understand the main expenses for having the house ready to go is just the floor right?
    And furniture of course.
    Do you know if there is also the possibility to choose the furnitures? If so, is it convenient?

• Advertisement

thank you guys, so as far as I understand the main expenses for having the house ready to go is just the floor right?
    And furniture of course.
    Do you know if there is also the possibility to choose the furnitures? If so, is it convenient?

Furniture like chairs, couches and tables won't be included. You can choose what you want from IKEA

thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 DonnaColsh

Hey Everyone :)

I am also interested in the 2nd phase and I know they go on sale shortly

I was just wondering about peoples experiences who bought phase 1, did you go down the day before they went on sale? How early did you arrive the day of sale to get the house? Was there many houses for 270? I would love if they could take out the doors between the kitchen and sitting room guess we have to talk to the developer.

Thanks in advance!

DonnaColsh wrote: »
    Hey Everyone :)

I am also interested in the 2nd phase and I know they go on sale shortly

I was just wondering about peoples experiences who bought phase 1, did you go down the day before they went on sale? How early did you arrive the day of sale to get the house? Was there many houses for 270? I would love if they could take out the doors between the kitchen and sitting room guess we have to talk to the developer.

Thanks in advance!

People were allocated numbers on the day depending on when they arrived and that number determined the order people were brought into the sales office to buy the house, so it would pay to arrive early.

I think there was a good few available for 270. Certainly some of the 3 bedroom mid-terraced with north facing gardens were coming in that cheap.

I've heard that the developer will not allow any changes, major or minor, to the build.

Best of luck with it.

So you only went down early on the day of sale? - my friend recently bought a house and had to sleep outside the night before!!

DonnaColsh wrote: »
    So you only went down early on the day of sale? - my friend recently bought a house and had to sleep outside the night before!!

Yup just went down early on the day of sale. I'm not saying that's gonna work again though especially if people are gonna be camping overnight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

I was there an hour and a half before they opened and was the first there. Big enough queue had formed by 30 minutes before they opened.

Thanks Everyone :)

Does anyone have the full price list from the previous phase?

• Advertisement

I rang the agent asking for phase 1 numbers on type 2 3 and 8 and I'm pretty sure I got the wrong figures. the 4 bed was going for 345k and not between 270 and 285 as she said. She also said type 2 was 290 and 310 and type 8 325 and 330. Does anyone remember at all?

Advertisement