Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options
15678911»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

AsianDub wrote: »
    I got the opportunity to put a booking deposit down on a house in another Castlethorn development. However I was unaware about the timelines
    while trying to choose the house. As I was in the sales office completing the formalities I was told that there was a delay and that the house
    wouldn't be ready until next January, February or March. Is this normal? I have been looking for a few years and this seems a bit of a let down that I have to wait so long, not to mention the rent I'll have to pay. I didn't know prior to launch that the units weren't built yet or it would take so long (a few months I wouldn't mind).

Its quite normal to sell houses off plans- and they are then constructed in chronological order in developments. Its not unusual for the start of an estate to be finished a year, or even longer, after the first properties on an estate are occupied.

Long construction times- are part of the inheritance from the bust- where most of our better qualified construction workers left and went overseas (one CIF official is on recent record stating there are more Irish qualified carpenters, plumbers and electricians and partially qualified apprentices- in Australia, than are in Ireland- however, the comment was made in the context of the CIF roadshow trying to entice construction employees to Ireland- so I'm not sure how true it is).

All-in-all- what you're saying is disappointing- however, its not entirely unexpected either. If you're disappointed at the rent you'll have to pay between now and when you'll eventually get to move in- look at it this way- you're managing to lock in a property at today's price in a rising market- for occupation at point Y- and the rent you'll pay in the intervening time will in all liklihood be less than the increase in value in the property alongside the interest payments you'd make on the mortgage, once you draw down.

I.e. its disappointing- but its a game of swings and roundabouts- I'd use the opportunity to try to tie down the property to your specific requirements before occupation- once the developer is finished- get your own people to do the flooring, kitchen- hell, when I moved into where I am now- I got cabling guys to wire the place with CAT5 and a redundant coax connections- which have been a godsend in retrospect........ Different strokes for different folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭AsianDub

Have these houses been made available to move into yet? From the posts I'm guessing no.

Those who bought the type 4 house what do you like/dislike about them and any regrets?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

AsianDub wrote: »
    Have these houses been made available to move into yet? From the posts I'm guessing no.

around 4-5 houses have been occupied in and around stratton lawn

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suraj_pp

Could someone please let me knw the cost of the phase 2 houses..

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

Are there still show houses around? We are looking at St. Helen's but the cheapest ones are gone (€290k for a 3 bedroom house).
    I heard that in Alderlie 3 bedroom were going for €270k). Is this correct? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

MSVforever wrote: »
    Are there still show houses around? We are looking at St. Helen's but the cheapest ones are gone (€290k for a 3 bedroom house).
    I heard that in Alderlie 3 bedroom were going for €270k). Is this correct? Cheers.

It is correct, were starting from 270k but 7-12 months ago . For more info you should check with the estate agents

• Registered Users Posts: 2 suraj_pp

Dont hold ur breathe for the cancellations. The agents are charging 295k for cancellations, which is a rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

Does anybody know when the 2 apartment blocks will be built, and will the be for sale or used as social accommodation?

I'm especially interested in the "Future Apartment Development" out in front of the show houses. Anyone know what's happening with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

suraj_pp wrote: »
    Dont hold ur breathe for the cancellations. The agents are charging 295k for cancellations, which is a rip off.

yeah, not a hope it will still be 270K. Orientation of housing (facing) also affect the price, seemingly.

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 chazi_27

Hi guys,

I'm buying in St Helen's and I'm wondering were any modifications allowed to your properties in Alderlie? The main bathroom lacks a shower and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it fitted...approach the project foreman or get the work done once I get the keys?

Also, were you on time or delayed in terms of completion dates?

Thanks a million for your help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

chazi_27 wrote: »
    Hi guys,

I'm buying in St Helen's and I'm wondering were any modifications allowed to your properties in Alderlie? The main bathroom lacks a shower and I'm trying to figure out the best way to get it fitted...approach the project foreman or get the work done once I get the keys?

Also, were you on time or delayed in terms of completion dates?

Thanks a million for your help :)

I asked them not to put skirtings on in my house because we'd be putting wooden floors down. They wouldn't even allow that change, which required them to do less work. That will give you an idea of how likely they are to make changes you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 emma.od

We bought in Alderlie and still waiting to get a move in date even though we completed our snag in July and were told the 21st August. Anyone else notice that the roads are not finished properly with shores at least 6 inches above road level? I worry about parking/access in the area also when everyone moves in. I cant see much in the way of 1.5 spaces per house!

• Registered Users Posts: 10 chazi_27

Hey, Did anyone get the name of the suppliers of the floors (carpet, laminate, tiles) in the showrooms from the builder or interior designer?

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

Are there any detached homes available in arderlie? Is there a new phase coming up?

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

kevincool wrote: »
    Are there any detached homes available in arderlie? Is there a new phase coming up?

No, there are no detached homes in Alderlie.
    The Alderlie estate has been fully built.

The latest neighbouring estate is St. Helen's (also built by Castlethorn ). Phase 1a/b is still under construction but hopefully will be finished early next year. There are no detached houses.
    Savills were meant to release phase 2 this summer but due to ongoing construction issues / delays this has been postponed.

There is another estate around the corner from St. Helen's called Somerton. They have a good few 4/5 bedroom detached houses. Must be around the €500k + mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭kevincool

No, there are no detached homes in Alderlie.
    The Alderlie estate has been fully built.

The latest neighbouring estate is St. Helen's (also built by Castlethorn ). Phase 1a/b is still under construction but hopefully will be finished early next year. There are no detached houses.
    Savills were meant to release phase 2 this summer but due to ongoing construction issues / delays this has been postponed.

There is another estate around the corner from St. Helen's called Somerton. They have a good few 4/5 bedroom detached houses. Must be around the €500k + mark.

550K+ !!! Thats crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

kevincool wrote: »
    550K+ !!! Thats crazy.

Christ for lucan?! It's grand and all but jesus Christ that's insane.

Advertisement