Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

izzyflusky wrote: »
    I rang the agent asking for phase 1 numbers on type 2 3 and 8 and I'm pretty sure I got the wrong figures. the 4 bed was going for 345k and not between 270 and 285 as she said. She also said type 2 was 290 and 310 and type 8 325 and 330. Does anyone remember at all?

I am also interested in prices. In addition, do you think the types will be the same for phase 2?
    Anyone knows when phase2 will happen? I mean, the precise date

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

sharkufc wrote: »
    I am also interested in prices. In addition, do you think the types will be the same for phase 2?
    Anyone knows when phase2 will happen? I mean, the precise date

Maybe give them a call tomorrow. I'm sure she got the prices wrong with me, it'd be good to compare. They said they don't know the exact date for phase two but possibly in 2 weeks time and no pricing for them yet. The types are the same yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

as far as i remember:
    type1 mid terrace 270
    type 8 - detached - 330
    type 3 4bed - mid terrace - 345; end of terrace - 355
    dont remember others.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

For anyone living here already is there management fees?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

CFC007 wrote: »
    For anyone living here already is there management fees?

Typically the common areas etc remain vested with the developer until the development is complete- at which time a Management Company is constituted and the assets of the development transferred into it. A developer may seek a management contribution from residents/owners- in cognisance of ongoing maintenance etc- during the development/construction phase- and this particular developer has in the past sought fees of 1,800-2,200 annual management charges- which would be considered to be on the low side of normal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭dubrov

Typically the common areas etc remain vested with the developer until the development is complete- at which time a Management Company is constituted and the assets of the development transferred into it. A developer may seek a management contribution from residents/owners- in cognisance of ongoing maintenance etc- during the development/construction phase- and this particular developer has in the past sought fees of 1,800-2,200 annual management charges- which would be considered to be on the low side of normal.

There may not be a management company as sometimes the council takes the common areas into charge.

1,800-2,200 is a huge management fee for a house.

I suspect you are referring to an apartment but even then I would put them on the large side unless it is a 3 bed+ and there are decent common areas and lifts to be maintained.

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

I can't remember exactly how much, but my management fees are coming it at around 650 per year. That includes refuse charges.

I can't remember exactly how much, but my management fees are coming it at around 650 per year. That includes refuse charges.

but this refers to an apartment or an house? And are you talking about Alderly construction?

but this refers to an apartment or an house? And are you talking about Alderly construction?

Yes. I bought a house in Alderlie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

I live in another part of Adamstown in a 3 bed duplex, no common areas. My management charges are about 900, that pays for car park space underground, refuse charges, block insurance and a contribution to general upkeep of a shared private gated green area as well as overall Adamstown upkeep.

The figure of 1800 would relate to a large apartment with lift access and common areas electricity/upkeep and all the above I pay for.

Houses will only be a few hundred, maybe 600 or so if it includes refuse collection.

Best of luck to anyone that bought in Alderlie, the houses are lovely

• Advertisement

Yes. I bought a house in Alderlie.

Can you tell what's included in the manegement fee?

Still no date confirmed from the email just sent by Savills. You'd want to have no plans for the next month at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

new photos up on their website.
    Leahys said new show houses will be open (tentatively) around 2nd week of Feb

• Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

HI,

Another question about buying in Alderlie.
    Considering the 5% tax rebate is it the 10% of the purchase price you have to have on your account or is it less with deduction of the 5%?
    Just because on their pricelist they say the deposit required for 3 bed is only 18k?
    In case of house of €275000 it should be €27500 I assume.
    It is not clear for me.

Hi,

I'm not sure about the 5% and if you have to pay the full 10% but you should start your application with the revenue now to get your taxes in order. Take a while to process.

Also if you have the full pricelist from the last phase can you upload a pic?

Yes, I have the pricelist for phase 1. Will upload it tonight if I don't forget:-))

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭lau1247

out of interest, i see that the developer is not currently registered with Revenue in the "qualifying contractor" list.

Does that mean that even if potential buyer have the relevant application completed with revenue and have sale agree, they are not entitled to claim HTB until the developer is registered with Revenue?

West Dublin, ☀️ 7.83kWp ⚡5.66 kWp South West, ⚡2.18 kWp North East

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

judy80 wrote: »
    HI,

Another question about buying in Alderlie.
    Considering the 5% tax rebate is it the 10% of the purchase price you have to have on your account or is it less with deduction of the 5%?
    Just because on their pricelist they say the deposit required for 3 bed is only 18k?
    In case of house of €275000 it should be €27500 I assume.
    It is not clear for me.

You only need to have 5% because revenue will pay the other 5% (if you are entitled to that much and the developer is registered) straight to them.
    But even at that, the deposit would 13k+ not 18k

My solicitor said (last Friday) that the developer has started their registry with Revenue.

Has anyone's solicitor received the contract back yet? We signed in mid-December and are trying to apply for the help-to-buy scheme, but our solicitor hasn't got the contract back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Has anyone's solicitor received the contract back yet? We signed in mid-December and are trying to apply for the help-to-buy scheme, but our solicitor hasn't got the contract back.

Until the developer is registered (see posts above) you won't qualify for help to buy

athtrasna wrote: »
    Until the developer is registered (see posts above) you won't qualify for help to buy

I thought that only applied to people who signed contracts after January 1st where the money would be paid directly to the developer, as opposed to a retrospective buyer like me where the money will be paid into my bank account.

I must follow up on this.

Im not allowed to upload pic so have to type in pricelist:
    Type 9. €250 000
    Type 1. €270 000
    Type 2. €300 000
    Type 8. €325 000
    Type 3. €345 000
    This is for phase 1 which is completely sold out.
    Anybody wants to know the deposit required let me know as it is also on the pricelist. I got the list in the end of November so there will be a slight raise for phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

He there!

I am also in the process of buying a house in Alderlie.
    Have anybody seen the site recently? When I went there last time before Christmas, most of the houses were built and ready for internal works.
    Any updates?

If you have photos, please upload :) It's always interesting to follow the progress!

Another question.. Is here anybody who applied for the HTB this year and got it approved?

Hi guys, I wanted to ask an info about solicitors. They suggest to pick just their solicitor because having 2 can slow things down.
    What do you guys suggest? and why?

As far as I know they have a solicitor and you have a solicitor. That's two.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Hi guys, I wanted to ask an info about solicitors. They suggest to pick just their solicitor because having 2 can slow things down.
    What do you guys suggest? and why?

No solicitor will represent both parties- its simply not going to happen.
    You have your solicitor, they have theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

As I know, you just can't have one solicitor who represents both parties because of the ethic principles. Both parties have own interests and your solicitor stands for yours.

Castlethorn now appear to be an approved lender on the help to buy scheme. Has anybody managed to get their signed contract back so they can proceed with the claim?

Also, does anyone know is there communal parking at Alderlie? We've been allocated a parking spot across the road from our house (as opposed to the parking spots right outside our house!)

• Advertisement

Castlethorn now appear to be an approved lender on the help to buy scheme. Has anybody managed to get their signed contract back so they can proceed with the claim?

Also, does anyone know is there communal parking at Alderlie? We've been allocated a parking spot across the road from our house (as opposed to the parking spots right outside our house!)

As far as I know, there are 30% of park spaces more

Advertisement