Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eloleon

@TheUnderfaker Are you saying that you can't park in front of your house even if you have space?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

eloleon wrote: »
    @TheUnderfaker Are you saying that you can't park in front of your house even if you have space?

Not exactly. I've been allocated a space across the road from my house, but I'm not sure if the spaces in front of my house are allocated to somebody else or if they're unallocated.

I'm hoping they're unallocated, which would mean we can use them, but I can't get a straight answer out of my useless solicitor for anything! I will update you all if I hear anything useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eloleon

Thanks @TheUnderfaker! Didn't know that the car park could be such a mess, but good to know.

The new phase has been launched on daft/myhome and you can see the site map on alderlie.ie for all of you looking to buy in phase 2

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

Does anyone know if prices Have gone up in the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

izzyflusky wrote: »
    Does anyone know if prices Have gone up in the end?

Hi. I was there today and should say that prices are the same. But I am sure that everything in phase 2 is already sold out because people were queueing there overnight to get a house. It was raining, but a lot of people were still standing outside the sales office. And visitors car park was packed.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

I was one of the lucky ones yesterday. In the mad rush of things I forgot to ask when the next phase will be finished would Sept/Oct be right for Stratton close? Also, they didn't release Adamstown way yesterday.

CFC007 wrote: »
    I was one of the lucky ones yesterday. In the mad rush of things I forgot to ask when the next phase will be finished would Sept/Oct be right for Stratton close? Also, they didn't release Adamstown way yesterday.

Well done! Did you wait there overnight? Yes, they said September/Oct is when they expect to finish phase 2

Well done! Did you wait there overnight? Yes, they said September/Oct is when they expect to finish phase 2

I was out there Friday afternoon and luckily got a ticket and was sent away. Made it much easier then come Saturday. Did you buy yourself?

I was out there Friday afternoon and luckily got a ticket and was sent away. Made it much easier then come Saturday. Did you buy yourself?

We were among those lucky who got one of the remaining houses from the phase 1 on the last viewing 2016
    We went there yesterday just to take a look at the walls colours because they sent us a pallet to choose from

• Advertisement

We were among those lucky who got one of the remaining houses from the phase 1 on the last viewing 2016
    We went there yesterday just to take a look at the walls colours because they sent us a pallet to choose from

Nice won't be long so until ye're in. Can you mix and match with colours?

Nice won't be long so until ye're in. Can you mix and match with colours?

No, you can only select one colour for the entire house.

Feb 2017 Price list

Feb 2017 Price list

Thanks! I think it would be useful.
    Do you have phase 1 price list?

Thanks! I think it would be useful.
    Do you have phase 1 price list?

I don't but another user posted them recently do check back a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Skelp

Does anyone know how the developer is dealing with Part V of the Planning Act. (The provision of social housing)

Skelp wrote: »
    Does anyone know how the developer is dealing with Part V of the Planning Act. (The provision of social housing)

I am not sure if it will be a social housing, but the agent told that there will be an apartment block straight in front of the sales office. Right on the existing lawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

Poor customer service. People that wanted to reserve last Saturday were left queuing in the rain some were given umbrellas but that wasn't good enough. It was disappointing ,felt belittled and I feel sorry for those who are queuing with kids. They could have done something right there and then. Bulk of people should be expected especially on the first day of opening the new phase but it was poorly handled by the management of Alderlie. One of the staff said he would take the names for pre registration for the next phase but that also took a while that we just decided to leave than waiting outside under the rain. I won't recommended this and would advise to look for some new developments with a better costumer service.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Valheru11

Nedyaj were you in contact with the estate agent before Saturday? were you intending on buying, did you have the €5,000 deposit with you.

I was lucky I stayed over night in the car with a few others and we all got what we wanted but as I was leaving there were loads of people outside in the rain. I was wondering what they were told.

Only thing I'll say is it's not the companies fault it was a freezing horrible day, they did put on free coffee as well but the communication beforehand about queuing, tickets, what was going on sale was very poor

• Registered Users Posts: 6 sneh

I have booked in phase 1 and wondering if anybody has latest pictures of the site?
    Also, anybody received contracts?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26 Nedyaj

I know it's not the companies fault about the horrible weather, but isn't it expected, this is Ireland..but that's not my point..people was not accommodated properly.If they expect an exudos of people wanted to buy a house they should have at least put some tents or open a house wherein people can wait comfortably and yes I have the intention of buying, I had my deposit with me ,I was in contact with them before Saturday..constant email with Darren but no mention of tickets to be distributed that day. Was just told Tim come between 2-4 pm for viewing. While on the que we were told that our names will be taken to be prioritized for the next phase but that didn't happen till I left. Don't know what happened after.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Valheru11

Nedyaj wrote: »
    I know it's not the companies fault about the horrible weather, but isn't it expected, this is Ireland..but that's not my point..people was not accommodated properly.If they expect an exudos of people wanted to buy a house they should have at least put some tents or open a house wherein people can wait comfortably and yes I have the intention of buying, I had my deposit with me ,I was in contact with them before Saturday..constant email with Darren but no mention of tickets to be distributed that day. Was just told Tim come between 2-4 pm for viewing. While on the que we were told that our names will be taken to be prioritized for the next phase but that didn't happen till I left. Don't know what happened after.

I think the estate agents need to get used to the crowds again the boom is back unfortunately!

I was told the same thing come a little early. Sorry to hear what happened to you, hope you have better luck in the future

sneh wrote: »
    I have booked in phase 1 and wondering if anybody has latest pictures of the site?
    Also, anybody received contracts?

Thanks

Just took this one when I was there at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

Guys, I just have a question: why, asking around, people say that Lucan/Adamstown is not a good area to live in?

sharkufc wrote: »
    Guys, I just have a question: why, asking around, people say that Lucan/Adamstown is not a good area to live in?

In what way? Anti-social behavior? Lack of facilities? Access to the city?

Assuming you mean anti-social behavior, I've been living in Adamstown for over 2 years and have never experienced anything negative. There are certain parts of Lucan that would be more associated with anti-social behavior that I personally wouldn't buy a house in, but I was perfectly happy to buy in Adamstown.

Adamstown has a bit of a stigma about it for being a "ghost town", which really isn't the case. As an Irish person I often get asked by other Irish people about "all the foreigners" living in Adamstown and the trouble they cause. It's just ignorance at the end of the day. In my experience, Irish people cause far more trouble!

The only bad things about Adamstown in my opinion that there's only a couple of small shops in walking distance and the traffic in the morning rush hour getting down to the N4 can be a pain.

Did anybody ask about the Adamstown town centre that was originally planned when they were buying? Any information on this now that they're building again?

In what way? Anti-social behavior? Lack of facilities? Access to the city?

Assuming you mean anti-social behavior, I've been living in Adamstown for over 2 years and have never experienced anything negative. There are certain parts of Lucan that would be more associated with anti-social behavior that I personally wouldn't buy a house in, but I was perfectly happy to buy in Adamstown.

Adamstown has a bit of a stigma about it for being a "ghost town", which really isn't the case. As an Irish person I often get asked by other Irish people about "all the foreigners" living in Adamstown and the trouble they cause. It's just ignorance at the end of the day. In my experience, Irish people cause far more trouble!

The only bad things about Adamstown in my opinion that there's only a couple of small shops in walking distance and the traffic in the morning rush hour getting down to the N4 can be a pain.

Did anybody ask about the Adamstown town centre that was originally planned when they were buying? Any information on this now that they're building again?

The agent told me that the shopping centre is planned where I pointed on the picture and it will be built when they finish about 600 houses. There are also parks planned at that stage. Today there are 150 houses in both phases together.

Because those who live in South Dublin, assume that another areas are just crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Col_30

I've been living in the area for 7 years and I have never had any trouble. There aren't many areas this far out of town that can offer the same transport links and local amenities. Forget what "people say" and find out for yourself. Visit the area at different times and make sure you are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I've been living in Lucan nearly 13 years and never had any issues. Actually, I did once and a local councillor went above and beyond to solve it (he is still around, and if I were you I would add him on facebook just in case :P). Now that I am at a stage of buying I don't want to move to a different part of Dublin. I think it's a great area to raise a family, very good access and a lot to offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

The agent told me that the shopping centre is planned where I pointed on the picture and it will be built when they finish about 600 houses. There are also parks planned at that stage. Today there are 150 houses in both phases together.

Thanks for the info guys. What about this shopping centre? Is there any plan to start building? links?

Advertisement