Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alderlie, Adamstown, Lucan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭TheUnderfaker

sharkufc wrote: »
    Thanks for the info guys. What about this shopping centre? Is there any plan to start building? links?

http://www.sdcc.ie/services/planning/strategic-development-zones/adamstown/adamstown-sdz-2014

That's the most recent information available on the SDCC website

Has anyone who bought in phase 1 had any luck with the help to buy scheme yet? Castlethorn are on the list for help to buy but we haven't received the contracts back yet to complete our application (Signed mid December)

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Irene ODaniel

Has anyone who bought in phase 1 had any luck with the help to buy scheme yet? Castlethorn are on the list for help to buy but we haven't received the contracts back yet to complete our application (Signed mid December)

We haven't received our contact yet. we signed in mid January.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Talking to the auctioneer today it's not clear if Adamstown way on the map will be built. Could be part of the new development St Helens. Interesting to see what the plans for that will be and hopefully they start building amenities for residents.

I know it's been mentioned here that no modifications are allowed but has anyone managed to get them to change anything. I'll be asking to get the gas boiler moved from the kitchen to the utility room to free up a press for a start. Was there a choice in counter top for the kitchen? Regarding paint how many colours are there to pick from?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

CFC007 wrote: »
    I know it's been mentioned here that no modifications are allowed but has anyone managed to get them to change anything. I'll be asking to get the gas boiler moved from the kitchen to the utility room to free up a press for a start. Was there a choice in counter top for the kitchen? Regarding paint how many colours are there to pick from?

Choice in counter top and paint is fine, I can't see a hope of them moving gas boiler they would have to redesign the whole plumping system to do that.

No harm in asking, but can't see it happening with any plumbing or electrics to be honest.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

bmwguy wrote: »
    Choice in counter top and paint is fine, I can't see a hope of them moving gas boiler they would have to redesign the whole plumping system to do that.

No harm in asking, but can't see it happening with any plumbing or electrics to be honest.

Its a simple piping job- however, it could well take a couple of hours. I'd be surprised if they entertained it- as it would screw with their scheduling. Normally you'd pay an RGSI installer to do this for you- it'll probably cost a couple of hundred quid- but it is relatively straight forward.

I've attached the choice of paint colours. Not exactly setting the world alight, but it's still good to have a choice.

I've attached the choice of paint colours. Not exactly setting the world alight, but it's still good to have a choice.

Thanks for uploading the image! We got samples printed on paper,and they look a bit different. Now I see that the colour we choose is even better))))

• Registered Users Posts: 5 miamac353

Great to have the paint colours, thanks! We also booked last weekend but as we're living abroad at the moment we had our parents visit on our behalf. We have only seen the photos available on the Alderlie website which don't include some areas - does anyone have any pics of the utility room, downstairs toilet or upstairs bathrooms of Type House 1? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34 judy80

We received our contract yesterday.
    We would like to avail of the Help to Buy Scheme but it is not clear.
    It is supposed to help to put down the 10% deposit but in the contract we are asked to pay the full 10% and there is no mention about the HTB at all.
    Any advice or experience?

If you paid your deposit and signed the contract in 2016 then the HTB refund will be paid to your bank account directly.

If you are signing contracts in 2017 then the HTB refund can be used to pay your deposit, so it will go directly to the developer. You then pay the balance of the deposit. I think you apply for the refund now and then give the codes to your solicitor/mortgage provider and the developer, although I'm not too sure.

There is a HTB megathread on this forum that should help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

Its a simple piping job- however, it could well take a couple of hours. I'd be surprised if they entertained it- as it would screw with their scheduling. Normally you'd pay an RGSI installer to do this for you- it'll probably cost a couple of hundred quid- but it is relatively straight forward.

Not quite as straight forward as your saying here. I am guessing like most new houses the gas boiler is on an external wall of the kitchen. If the utility room is also with an external wall then not too bad.

If not you will need a flue routed to an external wall from the top of the boiler. This could need a section of a room to be boxed out. Also the Blow off will need to be routed to an external wall.

If the house has been built the supply will also need to be re routed. It should pop up in the floor slab by the original location. If this pipe was to run internally it would need to be protected/armoured to stop someone sticking a nail or the likes through when putting up a picture or similar

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Kyia76

Hi everyone, I just put my deposit down for a house, and I understood that takes 3 weeks for the contract to come and I have to pay the remaining of 10% ,do u have to pay the stamp duty as well or other fees now?thank you

Kyia76 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I just put my deposit down for a house, and I understood that takes 3 weeks for the contract to come and I have to pay the remaining of 10% ,do u have to pay the stamp duty as well or other fees now?thank you

Hi, Kyia76
    Contract can be issued in one week, however you have 28 says to sign it if you want to get all the appliances. If you sign it later, you won't get them.

Stamp duty and other fees will be paid much later, closer to the date when you get your keys. (As my solicitor told me)

Anyone knows if we can select colors for worktops and kitchen wall tiles?

Be nice to know who the kitchen contractor is also.
    Anyone knows if we can select colors for worktops and kitchen wall tiles?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

i has asked Martina from Leahy's when we went to pick the color for walls. she said color choice is for walls only.
    as usual - nothing else can be customised.

i has asked Martina from Leahy's when we went to pick the color for walls. she said color choice is for walls only.
    as usual - nothing else can be customised.

Would this mean the kitchen fittings will be "as per showhouse"? I'd be happy enough with that, but wouldn't fancy a random other colour!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 miamac353

Yep Martina told me fittings as per showhouse. There's a choice in paint colour but nothing else and strictly no modifications whatsoever supposedly!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 sharkufc

another show view this week end. What are they selling now? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I went over last weekend and they still had 3 beds available. I didnt go in because the 4 bed showhouse was locked since they had none left.

I was told last weekend that there was a few of the new type 10 houses left with 3 floors as they didn't have a show house and was starting at 330k! I'm fairly certain that these are gone now though.
    izzyflusky wrote: »
    I went over last weekend and they still had 3 beds available. I didnt go in because the 4 bed showhouse was locked since they had none left.

I was told last weekend that there was a few of the new type 10 houses left with 3 floors as they didn't have a show house and was starting at 330k! I'm fairly certain that these are gone now though.

Is it serious they are selling the 3 beds for 330k now?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭izzyflusky

I just had a look at type 10. What an odd lay out! No wonder they had units left.

judy80 wrote: »
    Is it serious they are selling the 3 beds for 330k now?

They're 4 beds really. The home office/store on the top floor looks more like a bedroom to me. I asked them about type 10 houses and they'd have to allocate 2 parking spaces if they were 4 bedroom, so they advertise them as 3 bed plus study.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

They're 4 beds really. The home office/store on the top floor looks more like a bedroom to me. I asked them about type 10 houses and they'd have to allocate 2 parking spaces if they were 4 bedroom, so they advertise them as 3 bed plus study.

for the phase1 4 bed, there is only parking slot though - in front of the door.

for the phase1 4 bed, there is only parking slot though - in front of the door.

Well then - I've learned a valuable lesson about listening to estate agents

If anybody bought type 6 in phase 1, please pm me :)

• Advertisement

Anyone knows when we will get the keys? (phase 1)

Advertisement